Hide & Seek

God!!! Is he going to punish me for my unpleasant words? I was afraid to face the wild Arjun. I know it's difficult to control him when he is angry. He held my chin, pushed me back slowly and pinned me in the wall. He pulled my shoulders firmly, his eyes were tearing my soul. I saw guilt, pain, anger, love, disappointment everything in those eyes. I observed him carefully. I want to find out his emotions.

He moved closer to me I gasped my breathe, he said "I never want to hear such filthy words from you, don't forget that you are my wife, my pride I can't tolerate what you said even though, it is completely untrue and not going to happen", my eyes widened in surprise how is he confident??

By gaining all my courage, I asked him,
"How do you know it's not going to happen??
How long do you expect me to tolerate in this loveless life?
Anyway we are going to get divorce after the agreement. We are fake couples. So, what bothers you??"

He was in total shock, his grip on my shoulders tightened, his eyes turned red in anger, he gritted his teeth and said,
" I knew I was wrong , I can't even seek your forgiveness for what I did, I'm at fault. But,
I knew well my wife won't stoop so low to punish or hurt me, she is such a pure gem. Even Though she married me for money she is high in virtue".

He breathed heavy and questioned me,
"What did you say?? Come again... You are living a loveless life ?? Isn't it?? Didn't you feel my lov...." He cut there.
His face got pale, he was speechless and turned his face away.

My eyes twinkled in surprise ,my lips curved wide,
What did he say now?
Did I hear properly?
Did he love me? happy tears rolled from my eyes.

I was on cloud nine. I'm pretty sure my husband is in love with me. Though he left the word incomplete I can understand the complete meaning of it. His face and voice shows everything, whatever he hides from me. He turned away, his face showing his back to me. His body was stiff, his ears were turning pink, he closed his fist, he was breathing heavily. It's very much clear that he is trying to control his feelings, he is hiding his love from me, but why??
I will find out soon.

Since he turned away he couldn't see my emotional transformation. I composed myself now, I want to play hide and seek with him to bring his secrets out. I knew I'm going to hurt him but I was helpless. I want to live happily with him forever so we have to bear some pains.

I asked him "What are you trying to say??".

He stammered," I..I..meant to say... here.. my sister... and granny...are taking care... of you well they...both like...you so much.... ".

I smiled at his anxious silently, the great businessman, young entrepreneur Mr. Arjun Ram is shy to meet his wife's eyes. (All this time he didn't look at me and he turned away) I felt to hug him and to throw away his hesitation, I want to proudly announce my love for him but I controlled myself with so much difficulty. What will I do if he runs away again once I propose to him. But my sixth sense warned me not to do that.( Radhika be careful don't express your love, never give him a chance to know your feel for him it would be a danger for you)

I pulled his shoulders and made him face me and asked him, " So it means you don't like me Arjun??That's why you kissed me on that day??". I asked him with the puppy face.

He was wandering his eyes aimlessly to ignore my eyes, I thoroughly enjoyed this new version of nervous Arjun... no no... With a smile my Arjun, I muttered to myself.

He said, "No Radhika, that day I lost my sense, I knew it was a mistake but please forgive me. Hereafter I won't do such things"

Hiding my joy with a fake attitude, I said,
" Ok, fine I will forgive you but one condition", he nodded and asked like a kid. I was stunned to see his innocence, without showing my emotions I asked him,
"You will be nice to me, spend time with me , take care of me, you won't scold or fight with me most importantly you should take me for an outing, if you agree to this all I will forgive you. Otherwise I'm not going to talk with you , I will give you the cold shoulder". He opened his mouth in awe.

I asked him," What do you agree?? "

He said," No way, I'm not your friend," he said straight away.

I said " exactly you are not my friend but you are my........ husband..." I said with a hidden naughty smile. This is the very first time I'm calling him as my husband from my whole heart in front of him.

"Listen I'm getting bored here, I need some change and someone to give me company if you give that fine. I will also forgive you for that night", his eyes sparkled for a while but he looked down.

He rubbed his palms behind his neck and turned his gaze outside it seems he is thinking about something. I knew what he was going through. He wanted an excuse to run away from me, but that will not happen here. After it's my challenge Arjun I will make you confess your love very soon.

Ufff....with a heavy breathe he said...,
" Ok fine Radhika I will be your friend no.... no...companion but everything will be in my control you should not force me to go against my wish".

I smiled and said "Ok Arjun, no problem let's start from today".

He extended his hand for a handshake but I ignored that hugged him tightly he was freezed, I said with a naughty smile,
" Thank you Arjun thank you so much don't worry I forgave you so don't run away hereafter".

I understand he is losing his stubbornness. He wanted to break the hug but he couldn't resist me, slowly I broke the hug and walked out of the room. I saw his reaction while walking out. He stood like a statue and forgot to blink his eyes. I smiled at his gesture and now I'm confident about his feelings.

Let's start the game....

To be continued....

_________________________________