Wed lock

Fragrance of the flowers orchid, Lilly and rose spreads all over the place, made me feel pleasant. I can see my parents proud and happy face altogether, Varun is on cloud nine that his sister going to marry a most eligible bachelor of the city. But I was in guilt that I'm going to ditch them all by doing this fake wedding.

Today my wedding day....

Within few minutes I will be married to Arjun, even in my worst dreams I never dreamt of that. I know we are complete strangers but we will be in wed lock for our own reasons, I always wonder why Arjun, the multi millionaire wants such marriage with an ordinary middle class girl??

But he never explained. Some how he had convinced his grandmother for this wedding but I know she was not at all happy about this. Not only her, none of his relatives wants this marriage except his own sister Sarika. His family was unhappy about this alliance but none dare to speak against Arjun. To reduce the tension between our families he decided to do a simple wedding rather than a lavish one. Later he planned for a reception with friends and business people. As per his plan our wedding was arranged in his farm house so it was well decorated with colourful flowers and lights.

I was getting ready in my room, Arjun's sister came to take me, she was surprised at me and said,
"Wow Radhika you look gorgeous my brother will be clean bowled" she winked her eyes and smiled.

I was shy to react so just smiled, I know today I look extremely good in this pink saree with heavy work blouse, matching golden ornaments, proper hairdo with jasmine flowers added my beauty but Arjun will not mind any of this we are not doing usual wedding. Somewhere it hurts me unknowingly.

In the auspicious time I was taken to
the wedding mandap it was elegantly decorated with different flowers, in center of that altar I saw Arjun he looks damn handsome with his white silk shirt and dhothi (veshti), he was doing some pre wedding rituals, suddenly our eyes met nervously I looked down. I sat next to him we were very close to eachother I felt his breathe, his arms brushed mine I was shy and low down my head . I was trying to hide my emotions because I could sense he was observing me.

We exchanged garlands, wedding mantras were chanted by prohidhar Arjun took mangalyam(mangalsutra) in his hands and came close to me I was breathing heavy with different feel, he looked at my face once, then tied the mangalyam around my neck  with three knots. While tying the knot his fingers brushed my neck I was nervous and had goosebumps.

He whispered in my ear,
"Don't worry relax it's over". I obliged him.
He filled vermillion in my forehead and we took wedding vows around the holy fire. Later he put metti (toe ring) in my second finger.

Yes it was over finally, I became officially Mrs. Radhika Arjun Ram. We took blessings from the elders. Arjun grandma had happy tears eventhough she doesn't like me but gave her blessings to us. My parents were extremely happy and was out of words. Strangely Arjun's uncle didn't look at me, he blessed only Arjun and left the place.

Now it was time for us to leave, we took blessings from our families and we were leaving I couldn't control myself and broken into tears I was going to miss my lovable family I know my mother needs me now but I was helpless.

My little brother spoke big words first time, "Don't worry Radhi we will take care of Amma". I was surprised to hear him and happy they will learn to live without me.

My Appa with tears took my hand and gave it in Arjun's hand he said,
" Mapilla (son in law) please take care of my daughter she is a pure gem".

Arjun smiled and said, "I will take care of my wife don't worry Mama(father in law)". I was astonished at his sweet gesture.

Arjun's family left before us now only we both were going alone in a decorated car I was crying over and over he didn't mind that. When I was about to wipe my tears suddenly, I realised till now my hand was in Arjun's hand.

He didn't leave it but why? I took my hands with little hesitation he turned and smiled at me but I was confused.

We reached his villa after an hour travel I was stunned to look at his home such a big villa near seashore with a big lawn and beautiful garden. After our aarthi we both together stepped into his home and we were asked to complete some post wedding rituals.

Later Arjun went to his room and I didn't know what should I do? I was sitting in a living room. No one wants me here they didn't talk to me eventhough I tried to talk,  they all looked at me disgustingly I was worried why so much hatred for me?? this marriage was Arjun's decision. I was panic how I'm going to live in this hatred. Now I got more angry on Arjun, because of him I have to tolerate this hate. If I complain to him definitely he will say, I'm paying  money for this only. Better I should learn to tackle them. What I will do now?? Atleast if he was with me I will be little comfortable.

Wait... wait...what?? What??
What I was thinking now??
Am I feeling comfortable with Arjun?

No way....I shook  my head and started to look at the interior decoration of his home. It shows clearly how wealthy people they are, without doubt I understood why they hate me this much , this thought again made me sick.

After sometime my sister in law came to me with a big smile and asked me,
"Are you tired Radhika?? If so you can rest sometime still we have time for other rituals. You can rest in that room", she took me to one of the guest room. I just nodded and went with her silently.

My mind voice:  Thank god you are my savior

She said "If you need anything let me know I will be in opposite room".

I said "Thank you mam" with a smile. She widened her eyes and asked me, "What did you say??".

I was confused at her question and looked puzzled. With a pause she said ",Now we have relationship, you are my little brother's wife, we are family so you can call me Anni(sister in law)", she smiled wider.

I was in tears I fluttered my eyes and thanked her. She understood my situation and with a pat on my shoulders she said "Don't worry everything will be alright soon, I  completely trust my brother's selection soon everyone will accept you wait patiently". She left the room after our conversation.

I took a small nap after she left whole day was hectic for me last two days I didn't get sleep. Late evening someone knock my door and asked me to get ready for my wedding night.

Suddenly I got sweat over my face and I was pale. How did I forget this really I'm a stupid girl, I know this will happen from now onwards I should stay with Arjun in his room. Oh god!! how can I stay with some stranger??

To be continued....
-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!!

I hope you all like this chapter if you are impressed with my work please never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further and entertain you. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you
Stay safe
Meenakshi Jothi