Radhika's Dream

I tried to open my eyes when someone whispered my name near my ears and patted my cheek softly. I felt like it was Arjun he caressed my hair, his hands ran over my face.Suddenly a hot breathe came near me he pressed his lips on my forehead then on my cheeks gently. He didn't move for sometime his forehead was on mine he held my cheek in his both the hands then he whispered sorry my little fairy, really I'm so sorry. I want to open my eyes I tried but was unable to do that, he put an arm around my waist his warm breathe was tickling me, with a curve on my lips I continued to sleep.

When I woke up I realised I was on a hospital bed one of my hand was pierced with IV, other one was bandaged so I was not able to move. I remember last night incidents one after other.My head was heavy to lift up and but still looked around the room.

OMG!! The devil was there sitting on the couch with his laptop. Why are we here?? What happened to me after shower?? I had so many questions but I never want to ask him really I hate so see his face. I was thirsty, I want to drink water so I tried to press the switch near my bed to call nurse. Due to the sudden movement the devil realised I was awake he closed his laptop and came near me.

He asked me," Radhika How do you feel now?? Do you want anything or any help??"

I looked at his face once, it was not like normal stone face, but something else. Immediately I turned to other side, again I tried to press the button with my bandaged hand

He stopped my hand and asked me softly,
" Radhika, what do you want tell me I will do, please...".

That word " Please..." from his mouth surprised me a lot, gradually I released my hand from him and said unwillingly,
" I want to drink some water".

He said let me help you and when he was about to take the water bottle, I jerked and said, "No way you are the only reason for my pain, I don't need your help get out from my sight".

His body got stiffened for sometime later he pressed the button and went back to his own place, after sometime a nurse came and helped me.

I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep there I started to remember about my dream. I had goosebumps, some kind of pleasure ran over my body my cheeks turned to cherry red thinking about his kisses still I feel his touch, the warmth of his breathe, my lips curved a little to smile.

Instantly I woke up with a thought,
what happened to me??
why am I getting excited about him?? No I should get angry for what he did with me. Slowly I turned to his side surprisingly he was also looking at me I was embarrassed about last night dream and turned aside to hide my face. I'm sure there was difference in him, but what was that??
Does the devil feel guilty??
I didn't think much and slept peacefully due to medication.

He didn't bother me after that, I stayed in hospital till evening then I was discharged. He acted like an ideal husband infront of all. He literally pulled me in his embrace, while my father and brother visited Arjun's house to check my welfare they asked me how did I get hurt. Arjun was also there he was nervous I noticed sweat on his forehead though I want to tear off his mask but I can't hurt my family so I lied.

"Appa I was tired so I went to take a shower but suddenly I got dizzy and felt down, by the time my elbow got hurt and started bleeding so I lost my conscious" I said to my father.

My father was worried a lot, I assured them I will be more careful hereafter.With tears in his eyes he held Arjun's hand and asked him to take good care of me. I felt guilty to see him like this my father was pleading to that devil who gave me such pain.

During the night time we both were left alone in the room I questioned him how did I get into hospital? (Still I hate him for his deeds but only he can answer me, so I did ask him).

With a little hesitation he said,
"Radhika I came back at early morning you were not on the bed then I searched for you", he paused for a second (his eyes were in guilt and it had dark circles he stumbled in his words).

He continued ," I saw you in the bathroom with a bleeding hand unconsciously".

I knew he felt bad but I can't forgive him, I asked him , "So did you know how did my hands get hurt ??"

He closed his eyes and fist his hand and nodded. Suddenly I got confused, Does he have any split personality??
Yesterday he hurted me today he was feeling guilty and taking care of me. What was his originality??

Arjun informed maid to bring dinner for me but I refused to eat it and said "Still my condition was there you have to accept it make me eat".

He turned towards window rubbed his neck in frustration and said,, "Radhika please give up, really I will not hurt you anymore. I'm sorry".

I couldn't believe my own ears did the devil is pleading to me?? I widened my eyes in shock, again he said , "I'm sorry".

I got my sense after sometime and said,
" I don't need your apology, I want to work I will not eat with your money".

Shockingly he gave up and agreed to my condition. I pinched myself and checked whether it was a dream or real.

He said," you can resume work in our office". I lifted my head and looked at him (surprisingly he said our office).

He said, "You will be in same department I will inform your department head about our marri...",

"No", I shouted and cut him there in the middle, he looked confused.

Then firmly I said, " No need to tell anyone, I don't want to get a tag as your wife. I will work as a normal employee. I will never tell anyone that you are my so called husband. I wil transfer you 10k for my food and stay in your house. For me this is just a PG, don't think me to pay my hospital expenses because I was hospitalized only because of you so it was your responsibility". I finished with a heavy breathe.

He looked at me surprisingly his eyebrows were raised up, his lips and  eyes smiled together for a moment only for a few seconds, then he turned his gaze away. I ignored him then finished my dinner and moved to sleep on the couch.

He interrupted mid way and asked me to sleep on bed I threw a angry look at him but he shook his head and said, "It's not like what you are thinking you are not well because of me so sleep on the bed until you get fine, I will sleep on the couch".

I was thinking whether to use his bed or not, instantly he took me in his arms I was shouting and patting at his chest to leave me down but he was deaf. He left me gently on a bed put a quilt over me and asked me to sleep there. I tried to say something he put his finger on my lips and said
"good night".
My lips trembled in his touch. Due to my fever and body pain I didn't have enough strength to fight against him, so I slept soon.

To be continued....
-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!!

I hope you all like this chapter if you are impressed with my work please never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further and entertain you. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you
Stay safe
Meenakshi Jothi