Angel or Devil ???

Someone sprinkled water on my face I opened my eyes slowly to see Arjun on my side.I was lying on his arms he made me leaned on his lap, by seeing him so closer literally I was embarrassed and tried to get up but still dizzy. He made me to sit comfortably and asked me the reason for sudden illness. I said how Maya banged my head on the wall repeatedly and strangulated my neck. His face turned red in anger, body got stiffened and his grip tightened on me, I knew he was in rage. 

I asked him "Why did she want to hurt me? Whhaaattt... didd..d.. I.I.. dooo..o.. whyyy...she..e.. want..s to..o.. kill..l.. mee..e...??" I stammered, my body quivered, my eyes filled with tears. He hugged me immediately and said "Sshhh.... nothing will happen to you Radhika, I won't let her harm you hereafter, I promise you please trust me". He gently kissed me on my forehead it was soothing my pain. I pressed my head against his chest and hugged him tightly, he too anticipated.

After sometime he released me from his arms and asked me to change and come soon. I was hesitated and didn't move a step away. Arjun looked at me with a question, without a choice I said about the difficulty in removing the duppata. With a thought he asked, " If you don't mind can I unpin??"  I was puzzled to what to say, I know I can't ask anyone here to help me out except Arjun, even my SIL was not here she went to her in-laws house. Sleeping with this heavy dress also really difficult so with a hesitation I nodded my head.

He held my hand and made me to stand on my feet. We both were awkward he started to unpin my duppata carefully and slowly, I understood he didn't want to prick me with a pin even by mistake. My lips were curved I put down my head to escape from his sight. His fingers brushed my bare skin I felt a chill on my spine instantly. Slowly he removed the duppata on my shoulders and came to the front, we were  facing each other's face very closely, I felt his warm breathe on my forehead, I bit my lips and held my skirt tight. His hands rolled over my waist and unpinned the another end of duppata.

He took off the duppata and threw it away, I blushed because I was standing only with my blouse and skirt I was completely shy so crossed my hands over my chest and turned towards opposite side. His hands touched my shoulders, he puts his chin on my shoulder blade and whispered near my ear "My little sweet potato you are so gorgeous" he brushed his cheeks on my ears and left the room.

I was stunned and standing like a statue.
Why I didn't stop him??
Why am I becoming helpless in-front of him??
His hands were doing some magic on me.
Am I getting attracted to my devil husband??
Oh god!! What am I going through??
No I should not allow this to happen, he is not in love with me it's just a physical attraction. I have to be cautious with him, I should avoid his proximity he is very dangerous.

I changed into my night wear and went to the couch. He stopped me from doing so, I didn't look at him and asked what? (Nowadays I avoided calling him sir after that warning). He gave me a warm milk, signed me to drink and asked me to sleep on the bed instead he will take couch he said.
I was exclaimed what?? My eyes popped out, his lips curved a little he read my mind voice. He said, " I know you are damn tired and weak so today you must sleep well".

 I said "No thanks, I'm fine here", showing the couch.  I replied , "Better you take your bed, only you are worth of it". He was perplexed when I repeated his own words. " So do you want me to lift you to the bed??" He said and winked. I was shocked, he continued to say, "Like that previous night, I'm once again ready to carry you on my arms" he mocked me. Dammit!! I was correct so, that night he only shifted me to his bed. But why ?? Is he really care for me??

He snapped his fingers and said,  Listen Radhika now you are my responsibility so, I do care about your health, I'm not so cruel. I have to answer your parents so better avoid arguments go-to the bed and take rest". I tried to say something he said "Good night", switched off the lights and fell on the couch. Silently I drank the milk, moved to the bed and recollected everything after marriage.

I was confused at his behaviour sometimes he was angel and sometimes devil, but why this transformation?? I knew he was not so bad as he portrays. He was loved by his entire family even my family also included now, then how can he be a bad man? But definitely there is something about him, he is hiding something to all, Is there anything bad happened to him in his past? Still now he didn't speak about that Maya I feel like he avoid talking about her. So what happened between them?? Did they both love each-other??unknowingly, I was sad suddenly without knowing the exact reason, with so many confusions in my mind shortly I slept.

Next day I woke up earlier I felt energetic and happy because I'm going to resume my work after a long time. I looked around the room Arjun was still asleep he was sleeping like a baby, I know it is really difficult for him to sleep on the couch, silently I walked into the washroom finished my morning routine. While I came out he was missing may be he went to jog, I never mind and got ready with my kurta and leggings. When I was about to leave he entered the room he looked at me suspiciously. I said "Arjun my leave was over from today I will be joining the office". He was frowned for a while and said "Ok wait for me I will drop you". I cut him there and said, " not needed I will go on my own thanks for your all favours but, I don't need it anymore. In office I will be a normal employee so you also stick to your words". I looked at him in side gaze he was in deep thought and nodded his head. I wondered how did he accept my words without creating a scene, So what was he thinking??

"Radhika are you sure that you never want anyone from our office to know about our relationship??" He asked curiously. I said "I'm sure I don't want as I told you before I want to live on my own, I'm not interested in your so called wife benefits". He was surprised and said "ok I will try to hide as much possible but what if it blurt out??".  I was speechless for a while and said "let me think about that later". He asked me to inform granny before I leave and moved to the washroom.

Also I decided to talk with her once before I leave for work so straight away I went to her room and knocked the door. She raised her voice to come in, when I stepped in she smiled at me widely I greeted her good morning and took her blessings. With a pause I informed her today I'm going back to my work her smile vanished and thought for a while.

She said Radhika, are you going to office because of my unpleasant words?? I was stunned and nodded no., I said " No grandma... I want to work".  She felt relaxed and said "I know I was not kind to you before because, I thought you married Arjun for his money". She paused for a while and continued to say, " Forgive me dear, you are a pure diamond I can see truth in your eyes. I will not stop you from work but, take a good care of Arjun he lost his mother at young age so you should give him motherly love too", she caressed my hair. I was apologetic to cheat her with this fake marriage, with a heavy heart I left the room.

After a two long weeks I went to my office, many of my colleagues were not aware of my wedding, only one of my friend  knew I was married to Arjun. So they were all surprised and curious to know about my husband but somehow I managed them with the promise of wedding treat. I decided to hide and maintain my relationship with Arjun. I'm not interested to be in lime light because of him. Some of the higher officials knew that I'm Mrs. Arjun but he restricted them to disclose our personals in office premises. I was happy that he respected my private space. So I worked as usual without any hesitation.

To be continued...

_________________

Hey guys thanks for your support.I will be really happy if I get comments and votes from the silent readers.As an author it means a lot it encourages me to write further, so please try to post your comments and vote. Thank you.