A New Beginning

Arjun asked, "Are you sure Radhika??
If you stay with me you can't become a mother?? "
"Is that ok for you? "

With tears in his eyes he said, " I'm an incomplete man, I can't give you complete happiness. I can't give you the pride of being a mother. I was cursed to live like this. Why are you getting involved with me and spoiling your life's happiness???"

"Radhika don't think from your heart about me it will make your life incomplete and miserable, I...I..m..."

I cut him there and shouted,
"Stop it arjun... Stop it right now..."
"Don't even dare to throw me out of your life. I'm not going anywhere. Did you get it?
I was your wife...
I'm your wife...
I will be your wife....
And one more thing I will be incomplete without you, like a body without a soul keep that in your mind", I was breathing heavily with tearful eyes.

Even though he had tears rolling down his cheeks, the next moment I thrusted my face on his chest and whimpered.

I said, "Nevertheless whatever excuses you give, I love you Arjun, please try to understand me, I wasn't able to tolerate your separation for two months, I became insane. How can I live without you for my entire life??".  I hit his chest and sobbed. He caressed my hair and shed silent tears.

After a while I composed myself and looked at his face, I was confused, still he didn't reply. His lips curved little, my eyes twinkled. I understood what he meant.

With a ray of happiness I started to kiss him aimlessly and placed my forehead on his. He was silently smiling.

Breaking our love moment his mobile rang it was granny, he was so happy to talk with her, suddenly his eyes sparkled looking at me.

I raised my eyebrows as a question. He pulled her towards him and put the call in the speaker. He signed me to talk with her we both spoke with her, finally she said,
" So Radhika... you won".

I blushed and said "Yes grandma with your blessings". I smiled wholeheartedly.

Arjun was with a furrowed brow, later she gave her blessings to us and hung up.

I know he would expect me to speak up about grandma's words. I told him the complete story after he left, what I had gone through, how I was devastated and how grandma was confident about our relationship.

He frowned and slowly explained his side of the story. I was amazed at his love for me, and how much pain he went through all these days. I hugged him and wept. He was surprised and asked me the reason.
I said nothing as I didn't want to make him worried.

He asked me, " Don't you want to know how it happened to me??"
Still laid on his chest, I said,

" If you are comfortable, please tell me otherwise it is not a problem".

He rubbed his cheeks on my hair and said,
" I will tell you today itself, I don't want to hide anything from you". He took a deep breath.

I know it would be difficult for him to speak about the painful day of his life. I rubbed his back and said,  "It's ok, we will talk about this later".

He cupped my face and said, " I will tell you tonight, give me sometime", I nodded with a smile.

He made me stand on my feet and asked me to get ready, I was puzzled. Instantly he said we will go out because he wants to celebrate this moment, I was happy.

He continued to say, " I have to make some important calls to get you ready. I will be in sometime".

I nodded my head and got ready, he finished his call and returned. He went to get ready.

I wore a white colour designer saree with white and blue crystal works, with loose hair and normal makeup. He returned from the washroom with a towel draped over his waist. I was shy to look at his half naked abs and turned my face.

But, he looked at me in awe, I blushed and looked down. I felt his gaze on me. To avoid embarrassment I took my silver necklace and tried to wear it. But unfortunately my hands shivered, he took baby steps and came near me. I was breathing heavily. I know we both love eachother we confessed that, but, still I had some hesitation to take the next step.

He was standing exactly to my back, my lips trembled, and I started to sweat profusely. Suddenly his hands fell on my shoulder blade. It moved down slowly and captured my fingers. He took the necklace from my hand, I understood what he will do next.

With a curve on his lips, he slowly pushed my hair strands aside and he made me wear the necklace. His fingers played at my neck, I had goosebumps, my cheeks turned like cherry, I bit my lips to control my anxiety.

He chuckled, made me face him and pressed his lips on mine softly. Within a few seconds he released me, caressed my pink cheeks and said,

"Don't worry I won't do anything that makes you uncomfortable".

I looked at his eyes surprisingly, and he continued to say,  "But I'm sure, tonight I will wipe out this embarrassment from you, so you will be comfortable with me".

I was shy to face him so, looked down avoiding his gaze. He smiled and moved away from me to get ready.

After an hour's travel we reached a beach house. I was surprised. Why did he bring me here?? I thought he might take me out for dinner. I looked at him puzzled.

He understood my glance instantly and smiled and said, " This is our own property, I want you to come here, get ready for more surprises, let's celebrate" . I got shy and smiled looking at him.

He held my hands and took me inside. We got to see some of his servants, I thought they were all working here to maintain this place. He sent everyone out and locked the door. I became nervous but didn't ask him anything.

Suddenly he blindfolded my eyes, I was wondered and asked him,
" What is Arjun??"

He whispered in my ears " Surprise my dear little sweet potato, just wait for a moment"

He took me in his arms and moved forward, I felt like he was climbing the stairs but I was clueless about his act. He stopped all of a sudden, placed me down gently and opened the blindfolds.

My eyes widened in surprise, I kept my palms on my mouth. There was a candle light set up at the rooftop, decorated with orchid flowers, and hanging lights. The table was completely filled with artificial lamps,flowers and balloons. The entire place with stars, moonlight and sea breeze effect pulled me in some other world. I looked at awe, he chuckled at my gesture and asked me,
" Did you like this??"

" Of Course I love it " I say with a twinkling eyes. He hugged me from my behind and thrusted his face on my crooked neck, I blushed and held his arms.

"Radhika, I want to give you something "he said and made me turn towards him.

With a smile he kneeled on his knees, with a gift on his hand and he proposed to me dramatically like a movie style.

I was overwhelmed with his love for me, happy tears rolled from my eyes, I took his gift from his hand and hugged him. He smiled wider hugged me back and said

"I never want to see tears in these eyes, you know these pairs of eyes killed my day and night", his eyes sparkled.

I nodded and he wiped the tears from my cheeks, he signed me to open the gift. I followed what he said. I was surprised it was an antique gold bracelet with diamond stones. It looks so elegant and royal. I admired it and appreciated his selection.

He smiled and put that with his hands. He kissed my knuckles then slowly my hands. He took me in his embrace, moved near the dining table and asked me to have dinner first.

When I said I'm not hungry he showed me a fake angry face and compelled me to eat, so I did. I was touched when he feeded me with my favourite foods. I never felt so special by anyone in all these years, literally he drives me crazy in his love, I enjoyed it.

To be continued...

_________________