Dinner Date

The cool breeze brushed my skin softly, my lips shivered. I felt a chillness running throughout my body. I walked past my table and looked at the full moon which was looking like a large white ball playing between the sea waves and clouds. It was a beachside restaurant open to the skylight,a well maintained garden, decorated with dim night lights, soothing music playing in the background, a small dance floor, and enough space between the tables to maintain their privacy. The restaurants possess a pleasant ambiance. I'm quite convinced about the venue. I carefully selected a venue for our first date, I wanted it to be memorable forever. This is the first time I'm excited to spend time with Arjun, thinking about him I grinned with goosebumps. I never thought that I would fall in love with him, I always believed he was a beast, devil or something like that but exactly he was opposite to that.

His anger, attitude, arrogance, everything was a mask, behind that mask there is an innocent kid who is longing for love, hiding his pain, and living alone in his own world. My heart is yearning to give him all the happiness he deserves, I want to love him and be loved by him forever.

When he is happy I smile,
When he is sad I cry, all my emotions depend on him. I felt content and happy with him. I want him to feel the same.

He is not my first love, that's what I believed till now but, Why I never felt this excitement and emotional connection with Ashok before??
Didn't I love him??
Was that only an attraction or infatuation?? I can't understand what it was.

But I'm sure about one thing that was, Earlier I was never attracted to him like I'm attracted to Arjun. It was a kind of compulsion more than love. Arjun 's smile, voice, proximacy doing something with me but I never felt such with Ashok. Now I'm damn sure I was made to believe myself that I loved him but it was not true. Otherwise I couldn't accept Arjun and love him more than anyone in the world. I love Arjun only. He is my life forever.

Breaking my thoughts I felt a familiar perfume smell around me, when I turned in that direction I saw Arjun, he looked at me with so much love. He was in his office formals even though he was tired but he looked dashing with his signature pose he thrusted his hands in his pockets. I smiled widely instantly and he anticipated that.

I asked him "When did you come??"
He said "just now' and looked at me lovingly.

But I felt like he was lying, with a naughty smile I asked him,
" Isn't it ?? Then why did I smell your perfume for a while before you came?? ". I just lied to pull his legs.
His eyes shone at the glimpse of lights. He curled his lips wider at my antics, I joined his smile.

I asked him " Did you like this place??"

He looked at me and asked, "  What do you think??"

I replied "I think you like this place very much".

He was surprised and asked
"How do you know??"

With a smile I said " Your eyes speaks that"
He smiled widely. I was fascinated to look at him, he signed me to walk.

We went to our table to make ourselves comfortable and chit chat for a short time. Meanwhile we gave our food orders. They said it would take twenty minutes so we decided to go amble near the shore. I was thrilled to walk alone with him holding his hands at the beach in the full moon light.

We both didn't talk for some time. I looked down, while walking I wanted to hold his hand but I'm scared of how he would react.

So,I did not dare to do that. But slowly I turned and looked at his face. I was surprised to see a peaceful smile on that face (nowadays it was not like a stone face).

He looked so relaxed and happy. I knew he liked this place more than what I expected, I understood that he was enjoying the cool breeze, sea waves, moonlight, everything. I didn't want to disturb him so I followed him silently.

Suddenly he held my hand and joined our fingers together, I blushed and anticipated. He chuckled and started to walk further holding my hand. We didn't speak anything but our souls spoke a lot, we both silently enjoyed that moment thoroughly.

Later we went to have our dinner, he pulled a chair for me, made me sit and he sat opposite to me. He amazed me with his sweet gestures, I felt everyday I'm learning something  new about him. But I like to explore more about him, especially his soft side for me.

While having dinner we spoke about many things like our school life, college life and friends. He was comfortable talking with me vice-versa, the first time we behaved like a real couple.

After dinner I looked at the dance floor and I recollected our last dance memories together. At that time our relationship was different but now what will happen if we dance together??
How will he react??
I know he can't resist me, I smiled.

"Why are you smiling suddenly",he asked,
I came out from my dream world and blinked at him.

Somehow I managed and said, "Nothing, simply I enjoy this place".

"Lie" he said glaring at me with a naughty smile.

I was taken back. I composed myself and asked "Why should it be a lie?? Nothing like that" without looking at his eyes I said.

Next second he took my hands in his and walked to the dancing floor. I frowned at him. He pulled me towards him, gestured for a dance  and said

"This is what you thought in your mind, am I right??" He winked.

I was surprised and blushed to look at him s
Instantly I put down my head and started to dance with him. I was thinking how is it possible??

He is reading my mind most of the time, I can't hide my feelings from him. He held me closer to him and asked me to speak out,

I stammered with his closeness and asked, "Did you know any mind reading??"

He thought for a while then chortled, "Maybe not for everyone but, I'm very sure about your mind".

I raised my eyebrows and exclaimed,
" How?? ".  I can't believe his words, so I thought maybe it was a coincidence.

He said "Your face is the index of your mind so I can read, only I can.... ", his voice soothed.

I beamed at him, he looked at me in awe, I was embarrassed and turned my gaze away. He whispered in husky voice,

"Radhika, you are stunningly beautiful absolutely you are glowing tonight",
I blushed and grinned. We continued to dance watching each other's eyes.

While dancing I felt like someone was pricking my gaze at me. I wandered my eyes over the restaurant.

Arjun asked me "What happened, are you fine??"

I said, " I feel like someone is watching us".

He also checked that place but nothing was found differently. He looked at me and said,

"Nothing suspicious, you might be tired to feel such, better we will leave it's getting late".

I nodded gently and walked along with him suddenly I lost my balance and was about to fall down but Arjun held me by my waist we had a eye lock for a while, somewhere I felt a beam of flashlight I checked it in that direction but none was there, I was confused and informed Arjun.

He went to check and returned after sometime, he said

"Nothing, I think you are not well suddenly, so you are imagining things, let's leave".
I didn't want to spoil the date, so I went quietly with him. Arjun took me in his embrace and we left the restaurant, strangely I felt something bad was going to happen. But I couldn't say that to Arjun he is in a happy mood after our first proper dinner date, so I never want to spoil that. Silently I went to sleep with a thought.

So what was that???
What is going to happen with Radhika?

To be continued...

_________________