A Lost Friend

One month later...

I tried to open my eyes with great difficulty, I was surrounded with some beeping sounds, and unknown voices.

"Follow up every hour and update me in the afternoon, " a stern male voice said, "ok sir" , a humble reply from a female voice.

After a while I slowly opened my eyes and I got to see a lady of middle age in a white dress with a calm face in front of me, I realised she was a nurse. I rotated my eyes at the nook and corner of the room to confirm where I'm, I was placed on a hospital bed. With a heavy head I asked her'
"Why am I here??"
"Where is my family??"
"What happened to me??"

She gave a warm smile,asked me to relax and moved out to call someone. I tried to pull my body up but I was failed in that,
I couldn't get up, why??
What happened to me??

Suddenly I  got a flashes of past happened with me, I remembered something like a car hit me fiercely I fell down, before that Ria.....I became anxious.

Oh God!! What happened to Ria?? She was hit by a van and was in a blood pool without consciousness. First I need to find out about her. Doctor entered my room and shooted him with questions straight away.

"Arjun so you are back after a struggle,
How do you feel??" Doctor asked.

"Yeah I'm ok But, doctor can you please tell me first, what happened to my friend Ria??"
I questioned him, apprehensive holding my breath.

He casually asked "Who is Ria?? We don't know anything about her. We are only treating you for a month, your family admitted you here". I was damn shocked at his confessions.

"What do you mean?? Am I getting treated for a month?? But why?? What happened to me?? Excuse me, wait a minute. Where am l staying now?? Why do I think it is not Canada?? So where am I now?? Please tell me I'm going insane", I shouted in frustration.

Doctor said, "Relax, you are under treatment so be calm".

I was losing my patience and yelled at him to answer my questions.

He said, " Ok fine relax I will explain to you, right now you are in India, you were admitted here by your uncle Chandra sekar, so we are treating you. And most importantly you were in a coma for a month just now you were out of it".

I was speechless and couldn't believe that I went into a coma for a month. Very first question that popped into my mind was Ria.
So what happened to her ??
How is she??
Where is she??
To whom I should ask now, after a thought I asked the doctor to call my uncle immediately, I said I want to meet him.

After an hour my uncle reached my room and he was happy to see my recovery. Before he asked me anything straightaway I enquired him about Ria. His face changed pale and he was at a loss of words. I was frightened at his act and asked him to answer me.

With a hesitation he patted my shoulders and said “Sorry Arjun she is  no more”. I was shattered to hear his words, tears rolled from my eyes, a chillness spread over my body. I was not aware how long I cried. My uncle was tense and shook my shoulders. I flinched and cried in his arms profusely.

He said when Ria was trying to cross the road a van hit her with an uncontrolled speed she was badly injured with a lot of bleeding, head injuries and multiple fractures later she lost her life by the same day.

After I was informed about your fatal accident I reached Canada immediately. I got to know she was dead and you were fighting for your life.

Soon you went into a coma but doctors said you are out of danger now,later you were hospitalised there for quite some time. I was not able to take care of you and business as well, so I shifted you to India and arranged for the best treatment.