Hidden Secret

Arjun's POV

"Arjun I know your secret..." Said Radhika.

Her words echoed in my ears. But I can't believe she knew that, none know this except me, maybe she would have misunderstood something else.

I cleared my throat and said to her,
"Radhika, I think you misunderstood something else, actually I have... I have...a prob... " She cut me there with a sign and went near the cupboard. Within a minute she returned with a file, I was shocked.

"So, this is your secret am I right Arjun?? Don't worry, I knew this".

I took it from her hands and asked her,
" How come?? When did you know??" My voice palpitated in confusion and in fear.

Instantly she hugged me and rubbed my back, she said " Ease...ease... Arjun".
I was broken in tears but, I felt relaxed in her arms, I hugged her back tightly and cried on her shoulders.

After sometime she cupped my face and said "Nothing will change between us, I'm your wife, and I will be with you forever" she kissed my forehead.

"Radhika..." I stammered.
"Are you not angry with me?? "
"Will you... Will you be able to love me after knowing this??", I said.

I can't believe what is happening because I was shaken inside, what would she tell?? I was in thoughts.

Instantly her lips curved wider she took my hands,made me seated on the bed and sat next to me. She said,
" I'm not affected with this, I just love you immensely I can't think my life without you, it's complete void without you" My eyes twinkled , but still I wasn't convinced.

I asked her "When did you know this? How come you know??"

She looked down at our joined fingers, gave a deep breathe and said, " Yesterday night".

I was surprised and asked " Yesterday?? How??"

****************************************

Radhika's POV

Arjun is not taking to me properly??
What will I do??
It's all my mistake, I was a stupid girl. I tried to wake up him and say sorry.

So moved near his bed when, I checked he was sound asleep. I went to the couch without disturbing him and tried to get some sleep but, I was at full guilt for hurting him and ignoring his feelings.

Later I had a severe headache so. I checked the room to get some tablets or pain balms, but nothing was there. I went out from the room to make a coffee atleast. Immediately I went down to kitchen to make a coffee.

After few minutes I prepared my coffee, took it with me and I was returning back to our bedroom. When I crossed the lobby to get back to our room I crossed his office room, suddenly I remembered he usually keeps all his pills there. I know definitely he must have head ache pills, so I went in to check that.

I checked his office drawer, and got the pill when I was about to close the drawer, casually my eyes saw a medical file....with the name Mr. Arjun Ram written on it.

I was wondered, as I know in these recent days he was not sick so what file is this??

With a little curiousity I flipped the pages one after other. My eyes widened in shock, tears rolled from my eyes fell on the paper, my fingers trembled to hold the file. I felt like my world was turned upside down, I couldn't stand on my knees, I was about to fall but I held the table corner for my support.

How is this possible??

Is it true really??

I checked it once again everything was clearly mentioned. I had a lump in my throat I couldn't cry louder I sobbed, I forgot to breathe. I pushed myself on the wall dragged my knees to my face and blubbered. Almost I cried for more than an hour my throat became dry, head ache turned into worse slowly I composed myself.

I sit straight and started to think wise,
So this was the reason behind Arjun's behaviour. Everything he does keeping this in his mind, he distanced himself from me only because of this. He was insecure that's why he couldn't tell this to anyone even to his own granny or sister.

He was isolated himself from others by showing attitude and arrogance to cover up this.

God!! how painful it is for him, he is alone in all this suffering. I want to take away his pain. I never thought he is living such a painfull life.

It's high time soon, I should confess my love to him definitely he will agree I'm sure he is in love with me. I assure I will make him understand that I won't leave him. Apart from this pain, I'm also hurted him many times now, it's my responsibility I will rectify all my mistakes.

*****************************************

At present now

Radhika said "Arjun it's ok, you don't punish yourself it's not your fault. It was written by God leave it, we will start fresh I'm with you. I pressed his hand to assure him", He smiled bitterly, I was puzzled.

He said "I know Radhika you are feeling pity about me, but for that sake don't spoil your own life. I'm not a suitable man for you. I never want you to be ruined so, he closed his eyes and said let's divorce better you leave me, get marry to someone and start a new life".

Radhika was stunned and lost her temper, soon she realised why he said this??
He thinks separation will be her betterment.

She determined to make him understand the truth, she leaned on his chest and said,

"This is my place I can't leave this, eventhough if you want to throw me out",
my eyes filled with tears.

"Next second she was in his tight bone crushed hug, she felt peace in that and hugged back".

He released her soon after and said, "Don't cry I can't see you in tears, I will loose my mind".

I smiled and said " Then never ask me to leave you, really I can't" .

He was frowned and he was in deep thought, Radhika know it is not simple for him but she will bring him out of this tragedy. She waited for him to speak up.

After sometime he cupped her face and asked,
"Are you sure Radhika?? "
"If you stay with me you can't become a mother?? "
"Is that ok for you??"

With tears in his eyes, he said painfully
" I'm an incomplete man, I can't give you a complete happiness. I can't give you a pride of being mother. I was cursed to live like this why are you getting involved with me and spoiling your life's happiness???"

Radhika looked at him with the same pain in her eyes.

To be continued...

____________________________________

Hey guys thanks for your support.I will be really happy if I get comments and votes as an author it means a lot it encourages me to write further, so please try to post your comments and vote. Thank you.