Radhika's misery

"Mr. Narayanan you must understand your wife is critical her infection is spreading, if it passes to her heart then we can't help you so we don't have enough time, to save her life we need to do that operation immediately" said doctor.

My father was speechless and weeping silently like a child, doctor continued to say "I know your situation I will try to postpone the operation by treating her for another 48 hours not more than that. Better arrange the money as soon as possible". He patted my father's shoulders and left the place.

By telling this the doctor left the place. Throughout the entire conversation I was with my father. We were completely frozen to see my mother's condition. Silently I whimpered and leaned on my father's shoulder who was lost completely

Really I'm clueless how did I come to hospital after that call from Shanthi I was shattered my legs were too weak to hold up. She said my mother is critical and asked me to come to the hospital without delay. Soon I informed my senior officer and left the office straight away.

My father was there in front of ICU before I reach, he was exhausted and speechless. I understood the situation is more serious than I expected. Then the doctor came out and explained us about mom's health condition and asked us to arrange money for the operation.

Operation amount is not at easy for us within a day we have to arrange 40 lakhs. He said her health is not stable so this operation is very crucial than the previous ones.

I was shattered, Where we will get this money? Who is going to help us? Earlier we spent all our savings to save my mom, now where we will go?

I turned slightly towards my father he is devasted, I think he is also thinking about money. I didn't know how long I sat like that later I realised the surroundings only by brother Varun.

He came running to us and enquired about mom to my father and he too was frightened. He started to cry instantly by seeing him like this I too breakdown. My father consoled us both soon he said he will take care of everything and will arrange money. Right away my father left the hospital.

Now it is 12.30 pm my brother slept on the hospital chair and I'm waiting for my father anxiously. I believe he will arrange money at any cost but still I'm worried because the amount is so big. Meantime the nurse allowed us to see mom only once, I'm unable to see her like this my brother literally shivered because she was unconscious and her body dripped with IV, ventilator and so on. These are all happening only because of me, I was careless that day,why did you save me Amma(mom)? Now what I will do? We need you please come back to us I cried in pain.

Six months before my mom and I went to shop to purchase some groceries after shopping I went out of the shop to make a call and I started to walk nearby, my mom came soon after me. While talking I didn't see the truck behind me but my mother noticed that, and she shouted to save me but I didn't hear her voice. Unexpectedly she pushed me aside and fell into the truck.

When I came to my conscious, I saw my mother in a blood pool and she was unconscious. The lorry ran over her body so her hip and leg part were crushed under that. To save my life she risked her own life nothing is great in this world than mother's love.

My father spent more than 30 lakhs to save my mom because she had 5 surgeries to recover, but doctor said hereafter she can't sit or walk herself someone needs to help her. I cursed myself for her condition. But doctor gave us a hope we can operate her to sit and walk once her inner wounds are all healed completely however it will take some years. There we decided to save money for her treatment unexpectedly she is critical now we need to treat her without any delay.

Next Day...

It is 9'o clock next day morning my father didn't turn up yet. I gave hope to my brother but myself I'm nervous inside. What we will do if he don't get money? I'm breathe less to have this thought. I determined to save my mom at any cost I feel it is my responsibility.