A Rainy Night

It was a pleasant afternoon weather was chill, rained heavily. I took a half day off and went to my parent's house to celebrate my parents 25th wedding anniversary. I bought surprise gifts for them with my money.

Its been a long-time I couldn't spend proper time with my parents after my marriage. So I had decided to have more fun today, Arjun was also out of city, he will come only by tomorrow and granny also went to some bhajan. So I can stay as much I want, Varun and myself prepared a special dinner we ordered a wedding cake. We tidily decorated our small house with lights and flowers. We enjoyed each and every moment thoroughly, later we made the couples to cut the cake and together had a candle light dinner.

After that we played antakshari it was a wonderful night. My parents compelled me to spend a night there but I refused to it, as I know Arjun is not available granny will be all alone at home so, I have to return at any cost. Soon I packed my things and about to leave with Varun.

Suddenly someone knocked the door we were puzzled, who could be it was??
It's late night? Time is almost half past 11. My father opened the door it was none other than Arjun, we were all surprised to see him. I remember well he told me that he will return only tomorrow noon but, how come suddenly now, I was confused.

My father asked him the same he said, he finished his work earlier so returned home soon.

He threw a angry look at me and asked me,
" How many times I called you Radhika why didn't you pick my calls?? "

I came out from my shock after facing his temper. I stumbled, " No... Arjun I didn't check my mobile for a while".

Immediately Varun checked my mobile and said " Radhu yes mama was right you got thirty two missed calls".

I was apologetic at my careless behaviour, I knew he had a hectic day with loads of work now, I made him stressed.

I said sorry to Arjun I explained him about anniversary party and my mobile was in silent all this time, I forgot it completely. He was cooled down by the time and said
"It's ok Radhika next time don't do this better inform me if you have any such plans".

Eventhough he was angry his voice shows concern on me I smiled at him and nodded my head in anticipation. He looked at me surprisingly and smiled back. I felt something in me when he smiled at me. After that couple dance, I could see a Arjun 2.0 version. Nowadays he is not getting angry at me, there were no fights between us, really I'm confused. Most importantly he turned so caring and dotting, sometimes I feel like our marriage was real because he behaved like a real husband. I don't know what is running in his mind but definitely my opinion about him slowly changes. Now I believed he was not so bad as he projects.

Radhika "What is this D.Hubby??" Varun shouted. I was shocked to listen the word "D" my face got pale I can't explain the meaning to others especially infront to Arjun. He looked at me suspiciously I avoided his gaze.

But Varun didn't leave it he pestered me again and again my parents asked him to leave the topic, it's between husband and wife. But he was more adamant to know my secret, he asked Arjun he shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't know.

Even my parents and Arjun wants to know that, Suddenly Varun shouted he found it, I was speechless what is he going to say.

He said " D means Dear, so it's Dear hubby am I correct,Radhu??" He laughed louder like something he found like a treasure.

I was stuttered everyone looked at me amusingly. Without any option I nodded my head and looked down. All laughed my mom hugged me and expressed her happiness. I looked at Arjun his smile widened, my cheeks turned into red. Before we exit he conveyed his wishes to my parents, and also felt apologetic for not getting any gifts. After sometime we both bid goodbye to them and left.