Chapter 38

Jenna's POV

"What was that for?" Vic asked me. "Umm...I'll tell you at home...let's just go home" I tell Vic while grabbing her hand and dragging her. "I don't think so...we didn't finish shopping" Vic says pulling her hand off from mine. "Now means now!" I raised my voice at her. "Ugh fine" Vic says rolling her eyes. We hopped on the car and arrived at home. We put our stuff down and Vic's voice spoke. "Can you already tell me what happened at the mall with those two weird girls?" Vic says. "Ok fine...so remember when I told you about my Best friend that I had a while ago. Well that was Y/n and I guess her other Best friend? And I saw Y/n's Best friend at a party that the gang was planning so that we could get Y/n because her parents need her, and she saw me flirting with Mattia I guess and I think she didn't want Y/n to see I guess...so yeah." I explained to Vic. "Wait, does Mattia and Y/n know that you are in a gang?" Vic asks me. "No but they'll soon figure it out" I say. "Does Mattia know that Y/n was your Best friend?" Vic asked me. "Didn't I already tell you earlier? That I told him everything...like everything but except the gang and Y/n" I say to Vic while rolling my eyes. "Ugh whatever... I'm going back home" Vic says walking out of my room. I saw her hopped in her car and driving away from the window. I flopped on my bed and screamed on my pillow. "Can you shut the fuck up!" Someone screamed from downstairs. Damn...why do I scream loud? I don't know what to do. Do I just contact Y/n since she gave me her number? You know what...I am going to contact her. I turned on my phone and added Y/n on my contact. I texted her saying "Hey, it's Jenna from the mall earlier". I waited for 5 minutes and no response. 10 minutes no response again. I just turned off my phone hoping that she answers later. I walked downstairs to the living room but saw no one in there. "Guys? Where are y'all" I yelled. No response. Is everyone going to ignore me? I walked to Mariano's room and saw him looking out the window. "Hey Mariano, what you doing?" I ask him. "Nothing, just thinking about life" he says. "Damn...same for me earlier" I say sitting on his bed. "Have you ever thought of being a normal teenager?" He asks me. "Yeah I have" I say looking at the floor. "Same for me" he says."I just want to do everything that a normal teenager does everyday. I want to get out of this situation even if we made a deal earlier. I don't care if they don't allow us to leave, I know that one day we are going. But I don't know about the others" I say to Mariano. "Who? Antonio and Bryce?" He asks me. "Yeah them both" I say. "Oh well I feel like they want to keep on killing people but we don't know" he says. "Remember when Antonio told us something earlier when we first met? He said something about this old gang member that was working with "Los Dueños" when she was 12 years old but she quit at the age of 14" Mariano tells me. "No I don't remember him saying something like that" I say with confusion. "You don't?" He asks me." I don't know, I have a lot of things in my head" I say. "Eh whatever, but I agree with you, I also want to do what a normal teenager does" he says. "Oh well I'ma go to my room, talk to you later" I say walking out of his room. "Alright, later" he says. I like Mariano, like a friend I guess. He acts freaky and evil around people but that's for his job. He's actually calm and quiet. I knew that he would think the same thing of being a normal teenager. I just hope one day it will happen. I walked in my room and layed on my bed. I checked my phone and got a message from Y/n saying "Oh hey, thanks for texting me! I was hoping if you would like to come and have a girls night tonight with me and my bestie?". I don't know if I should. I mean... I can get close to her again. But then I know Mattia is going to be there. I'll just go cause why not. I answered her text with " no problem, and sure I would love to come over for a girls night tonight, I'll come over at 8:35". I turned off my phone and got my stuff ready since it was 7:45 pm.