Day 50

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

~~~

To the person I use to be,

Dear Ink,

Do you remember?

I joined here September 4, 2019. I posted my first story November 23, 2019. I now have four books out. The first person I ever followed was @-NightEyes-  (They're super awesome by the way, check them out!). The first person who ever followed me was also them! As of right now, I have 113 followers, more than I ever dreamed of having. 

You were uncertain in joining, but figured you might as well.

Let me tell you, past me, that was one of the best decisions you've made as of today, making it into the top ten which include in no organized order: finding @lunaeclispe22 's stories, joining the Sanders Sides fandom, discovering I'm asexual, having all the amazing friends from school, diving head first into the Avengers Marvel fandom, and becoming musical trash. 

It may have been a roller coaster in the beginning, and to be honest it still is. But, it's helped. A lot.

The amount of kind, sweet people who I've met that have helped me look at myself in the mirror and go "hey, I still hate a lot of it, but you know, I kinda like the way my glasses look". And maybe it's not just that they've helped, it's that they've encouraged someone they don't know in real life and have stuck with me through it all, learning about me and my passions and staying. And all that, it adds up. It quiets the bad thoughts, because so many people have said things that make me start sobbing because how can they be so nice to me bcjhdbbdajsndbdnxkjanxl?!?!?

It's not all good, there are bad days. And that's okay. Because a bad day just means I reach out to someone and talk to them. Or I write it out until my thoughts stop buzzing and I see where it stemmed from. 

Best part? As of right now, I have not received a single hateful comment about my sexuality or me or any of my passions or opinions. And I know that it's naïve to think it'll last, but I hope to say on Day 100 that hateful comments are still at zero, and again at Day 150 and again at Day 200 all the way to infinity.

Side note: you will hear of bigoted people and shoot out a couple outraged messages on occasion, but won't meet a bigoted person yet.

Oh, and Ink dear? You're going to be both adopted and be the adopting. @That_One_Cool_Dad  is the fun, definitely cool dad figure that is Patton in a lot of ways and may have summoned a demon. @beautifulcollections is this amazing, sweet, kind hearted person who I often times want to just hug because she so respectful to everyone and I'm honored to have been adopted by her.

@KermitOnABreadstick  is one of my adopted children, she's hilarious and very sassy, a true good bro to have in your corner and awesome friend. 

@Heyhowareyoukiddo is an angel, don't try to change my mind because he's great, and a kind person who's good to just talk with.

@apprenticelucy Very fun to debate/rant with in the comments in here, my child that is also ace and is just so easy to talk with about how messed up society is. You're doing great kiddo!!

Oh, and past me? There are so many friends you'll meet on here.

@Mercy_Virgo  is awesome, you'll meet they soon after you start exploring this website. They may intimidate you at first, but trust me, they're a good writer and great supporter of everyone.

@Potato190505  is the author of one of the first wolfstar fics you'll read, wonderful human being. They're fun, creative, and another supporter of so many people.  

@UnSQUIPtedmusicals  yet another person you'll met early into your months on here. Great for talking with, random messages that pop up in your notifications that are relatable and makes you smile.

@Chloe121Chambers , great person, great writer, fun to talk with when you see them in the comments of a story. THEY SHIP REMILE AND WRITE IT, YOU BETTER TAKE NOTE OF THAT BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND REMILE FANFICS THESE DAYS MINI ME.

@wanderingcyansocks . They will support you a LOT. They also are also a very active user with chains so you'll find yourself at 11:00 pm sending people you follow said chains, and trust me, it's worth it. They're also asexual (!! I know right!!) and make sure to give budding authors the light they deserve!

@DBS170  they are your friend and will post the randomest stuff that you relate to without a second glance. Seriously, this is a great person. Appreciate them a lot okay?

@Thesquirrellord  A true queen. An icon. The sassy squirrel ever, who also drew me as a gem that I will be enclosing here because it seriously looks kinda similar to me and she's never seen me in real life or in pictures. Just, she's great okay? Really really great.

 Just, she's great okay? Really really great

@Madame_Qtip  yeah this friend is awesome. Fellow ace in space, posts lots of yelling encouragement that brightens your whole day, also posts a lot of things that just make you smile and laugh. A true cinnamon roll friend.

@Secluded_Sunflower  fellow student who has no motivation to deal with school. Fun to talk with, really great good bro!

@you_gota_fiend_in_me  hilarious. That's basically it, they've created a beautiful meme of Virgil that's currently they're profile picture and make me smile a lot!

@Cry_me_a_river15  they have the best ideas/headcanons/lines for fandoms, especially the Sanders Sides ones because they never fail to make me laugh out loud! Keep doing your thing, you're great.

@Anxious_Bi_Bean all I can say is you're awesome. When I needed 2 more followers to get to 100, you posted a message about it and I will always be so grateful to you! You're beautiful and wonderful, never stop being you.

@irlmermaidspirit  THEY WRITE REMILE ONESHOTS THEY ARE PERFECT PAST ME. But in seriousness, they are wonderful because they have random thoughts that makes so much sense!! Also they are a great writer, check them out soon mini me!

@Your-New-Therapist  a good person, always there for you and everyone else. I haven't known her for long, but if anyone messes with her I will physically fight everyone in this room because she is awesome.

There are more mini me, but I need some sleep, so that's it.

There's just one last thing. I know you hate your body right now. I know you doubt your ability to deal with everything properly. I know you regret so many things. But, trust me. It'll work out. And you'll learn and grow and start so many fics you never thought you would. And you'll come out of it and the weird stuff and it's going to be okay. Trust me.

That's all the time I have, past me.

Stay safe and try to drink some water, okay?

All my love, 

~Ink