Day 121

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

~~~

I still have my braces and it sucks.

I know I know, "Ink you're a high schooler, how the hell do you still have braces?"

It's called they promised me they'd be off by freshman year and let's just say that didn't happen.

I had two pairs of fused teeth, and only my canines came out after the fused teeth popped off. Which means that my jaw had 1) spacing issues, 2) am missing two teeth on the bottom jaw, 3) had two teeth being perpendicular to the rest on the top, and 4) a massive overbite.

So first I got braces, for the normal stuff: get space and straightened my teeth (not that I can be straight).

Then I got a retainer, to keep the progress? I guess?

THEN I got my braces put back on, PLUS these things they call elbows which basically are being used to force my jaw forward to fix the overbite. They add millimeter spacings to the elbow thingies which force my jaw forward that much, causing me pain and also taking away my chewing rights without feeling like I'm dying via mouth pain for about three days.

So currently I'm day one of a three day diet of pudding, applesauce, yogurt, honey?, ice cream without food bits, smoothies, and liquids.

And let me tell you: after a year or two of this happening every two-three months, I'm sick of it. 

Pudding is nice, but I want my cashews.

Applesauce is fine, but I want my toast.

Yogurt I have issues with.

Honey is my only god.

Ice cream is fine, but I want my dad's white chocolate chip and cranberry cookies.

Smoothies are good, but I want my Mac n' Cheese.

And well, I'm working on drinking enough water either way.

Basically I'm complaining about being in pain and not being able to eat real food. Oh, and I never feel hungry when I should, and afterwards I don't feel full because I'm not taking in enough nutrients because it's almost all sugar. I've been able to take broth and certain soups down on day three so I'm looking forward to that.

I am not looking forward to waking up in pain again for a week though. 

Stay safe kiddos and remember to take your medication if you need it!

I love you <3<3<3

~Ink