Day 53

Friday, May 29, 2020 

~~~

Sorry for such a late posting and also another short chapter! I just finished bs-ing my way through a science project that's due at 11:59. Something about purple starfish and how they're important to their ecosystem or something.

~~~

I honestly have no idea what to put here so um.... 

In one of the original fairytales, Cinderella had gold slippers not glass because it was translated from French to English and let's just say translators weren't the best at that stuff back then.

In the Grimm fairytale Cinderella's stepsisters cut off their toes and heels to fit into the slippers. The prince figured out because a bird, which was the soul of Cinderella's mom, sang to him about blood in the shoe.

The original Little Mermaid fairytale by Hans Christian Andersen (Anderson? I don't know anymore), the mermaid, who was never named by the way, died and was turned into sea foam.

Also, there are theories out there that the whole story is a metaphor because Hans Christian Anderson (Andersen?) may have loved this one dude, but the guy got married and rejected Hans' letters of love so our boy Hans wrote a fairytale about love that wasn't returned. I love the queerness of history, just a sad gay boy who longed for love he never got and then wrote a fairytale as a metaphor for it.

In the original Beauty and the Beast, Belle had two sisters who tried to get the Beast killed and basically at the end of the fairytale ended up as stone statues at the gates of the palace.

In the original Snow White, the prince fell in love with her CORSPE and TOOK IT TO HIS PALACE. While carrying the glass coffin one of the dudes tripped and jostled the coffin enough that the apple piece launched out of Snow's mouth, thus reviving her. She then married that guy KIDNAPPING HER CORSPE.

In the original Rapunzel, the romantic interest dude falls out of the tower and has his eyes stabbed out while Rapunzel is banished to the desert while pregnant with twins. A year or three later the dude and her meet up and her tears deep into his eyes and restore his eyesight. They get married and raise their twin kids happily ever after or what not.

In Lion King, Timon and Pumba were Simba's gay uncles and you can't tell me otherwise. They literally dressed in drag and did the hula, there's no heterosexual explanation for that mate.

There are theories that the Mona Lisa is actually Leonardo di Vinci has a female, so basically an already kinda queer icon in drag possibly. 

For my eighth grade year, my music class did our school's first and last play/musical production. It was Newsies, directed my friend "Alex", "Lafayette", and the music teacher.

"Alex" played Jack and let me tell you, Jack radiated chaotic queer energy through the entire show. Not sure if it was bisexual or gay or whatever but it was definitely queer.

"Lafayette" played Crutchie, the gayest one there besides having almost all the girls play guys.

"Washington" played Spot Colon, the most over the top drama queen with a pretty good Brooklyn accent. 

And me? I played Specs, a salty dude in glasses that played love letter mail carrier, and a backup Brooklyn kid who kicked a chair across the stage because how else do I show how tough us Brooklyn bois are?

Yeah, that's enough for tonight. 

Stay safe kiddos, make sure to practice self care!!

I love you <3<3<3

~Ink