Day 84

Monday, June 29, 2020

~~~

Pride Day 29: favorite season

Spring, Fall, Winter. I like Spring because it's more likely to rain at that time and I love the smell of rain. I like Fall because Halloween and colorful leaves and it's not hot and sticky. But Winter, winter is my true love. It's cold so I can wear hoodies and sweaters and piles of blankets. It's cold so I never have to go outside!! It's beautiful and crisp whenever I do go outside, the scenery it creates with the ice on the trees and the frosted snow on the yard, gods I love winter...

~~~

I never understood the hatred of storms.

When it's pouring rain and the wind is rattling the windows slightly and it's dark as night outside because of the clouds and the thunder comes rolling in with the lightning being the only light that illuminates the sky, *swoons* it's heaven.

Don't get me wrong, when the power goes out for a minute and I have to reset the clocks and wait for the WiFi to rebound it annoys me. But there's just something about storms that just, resonates with me.

Whether it's how the rain can go from soft and quiet to heavy and loud in a second, to the way the clouds vary in shades that makes it seem like it's a painting than real life, to the way they can roll in so quickly, to the way the wind can shake the sturdiness of a house, to the way the thunder penetrates every bone in your body and sounds like a drum, to the way lightning is such a wild and raw element that can light up the sky like not even the sun can sometimes.

I just love the crackle of it all, the raw majesty that is nature on display for all the world to see. I love the smell of the earth after a storm, the deep soaked renewed smell. I love the way the plants look after a storm, the green they are that you can only see after such a heavy outpour of rain. I love it all.

Sorry, this kinda of became a love letter to thunderstorms...

Stay safe kiddos! Remember to take care of yourself, take the time you need to rest and re-energize.

All my love <3<3<3

~Ink