CHAPTER 27

HUW 27

Sarah

Well it's been 7 weeks since we have started with the internship, things have been smooth I have

learnt things quickly and I'm also investing my time in learning all the coding, yes sounds a little weird how can a management student be interested in something like this. Actually years ago I was a part of this workshop that gave us the introduction of coding/programming and that's where I figured out that this is one amazing thing I wanted to learn it not like any passion or such it's just something I like doing.

During my internship I met a person who is an expert in coding and he has also agreed to share some of his knowledge with me, as I'm here as a intern and I cannot really get to do all this I had to ask Micheal for this and he agreed only after he gave me a full fledged information on how I need to keep this a low profile.

I immediately agreed to all the condition he had, the conditions even included that I'll have to stay back in the office even after all the interns leave and that he would take be back home. Yes, we go to his place together as I want to learn things and also I won't get a bus back to his place during the late hours and let me mention this he does not like it when I travel alone late in the evening.

He had once hunted me down in every bus stop to check where I was and why I was late. Actually what happen that day was I left the office a little early and did not infrom him because I informed his associate who is my guide and I thought he would in return inform Micheal but that did not happen my guide left office early too and I did not take my phone out of my bag that dayday to answer any of Michael's calls.

So he hunted me down called me like 167 times, yes my phone notification showed me that. He came late that day and I too planned to have my dinner late so I came down to the kitchen and I was all tired, thanks to the assignments the uni had, once in the kitchen I prepared something light and while I was about to start cooking the main door got open and I could hear him yell at someone, "what the hell do you mean you did not see her, why the hell have I asked you to keep an eye on her, when you don't know where she went? " He yelled and me like always not caring about his mood and tone asked from the kitchen, "I'm making food you what some I'll add some more quantity to this so it will be sufficient for both of us" As soon as I turned back finishing that sentence I saw him standing at a distance of me.

I jumped a little in shock, " Woah! Are you that hungry? " I asked him casually.

"When did you leave? " He asked me more like yelled at me.

" What? " I questioned him.

With in no time he grabbed me by my waist and made me sit on the kitchen platform and got oddly closer to me and asked me the same question, "what time did you leave office" With clenched teeth.

"2:45 PM that was the earliest bus here, also I had informed my guide about this, I was a little tired because of the morning classes I have and I had skipped my breakfast as well so I felt it was better to come home and take rest, I woke up half an hour back and was hungry so I came to make dinner for myself I thought you already came home and slept but I heard you so I asked you about the food, and also I have kept my phone in the bag just in case you want to know where my phone is" I explained him yes I did say all that because the way he had held both my wrist he would have broken it if I would skip any information. I could see that the whole time he had his full focus and I could see his rage calm down while u was explaining him.

Never have I ever given anyone any explanation on why I was late or where I had been, more like no one ever asked me but today this human has made me do something I have not done, all my life.

He looked at me and put his head down while in same position. He took one of his hand from one of my wrist and pulled out his phone and called some person and stated, "Get back she is in home with me" He ended the call with that.

His hand slipped back to my wrist again I think he was standing like that for almost 10 minutes and I don't know why every time he does something like this I get this silly yawn and I did the same right in front of him and that's when he spoke.

"The phone you have will also help you in exchanging messages to people now I know you don't do that a lot, but please inform me at least through a text message that you are leaving the office building, even if you are leaving for some time please do inform me and leave. Save that message as a template and keep it handy push that send button and leave the place, do you understand what I'm telling? " He gave a pause looked at me and kept his hand on my head and asked me.

I just nodded my head in agreement.

He looked at me for few more minutes and then stepped back while making me get down from the platform I stood

straight and he started walking out of the kitchen and he looked back and said, " Yes add a little more quantity in the food, add enough for me to have" And he left to his room.

I ate my dinner and went to my room and only then he stepped out of his room to have dinner.

That seemed very strange to me..

So that's the reason why I'm still in office while all have left this tech department guy Jade is on leave on Fridays he does enjoy the long weekend and his boss Michael who is otherwise very strict has allowed him to take leave on Friday. I agree to a fact that Michael do love quality work and respects all his employees and their work.

Like instructed I'm asked to stay in office till he is here it can be late in the evening like today it is already 8:30 PM and we are still in office I do all my assignments and all me pending reports while I'm here I have in fact helped few people complete their work as well.

Many a times I have also slept on the desk and he instead of waking me up sits in front of me and do his work while I sleep only when I'm awake he stands indicating me that we will leave now.

We don't have much conversation but all this physical instructions are something I have understood very well.

I rub my eyes and walk behind him like a kid and sleep again in the car and again at home in my bed, only and only after my dinner he will kick me out of the internship is what he has warned meme if I skip my meals.

Well that's how my life has been during the internship here.

"Did not sleep today?" He came out of his office with that statement and walked a little slow for me to grab all my stuff and once I took everything I walked behind him and since we are only 2 people left the lights get off automatically from behind us and that's when he let's me walk ahead of him.

We entered the elevator which goes to the basement where his car is parked at a distance of exact 25 steps from the elevator, how do I know I count it every day.

I went the car and as usual went to open the back door because that Is where I usually sit. But today for some strange reason he asked me to sit in front and since I was too sleepy I agreed and sat in the front seat next to him.

The whole drive was silent I could hear only the engine go wrooom wroom and I saw out of the window which is my usual task and I love the light and calm breeze that flows he allows me to leave a little window open. I rest my head on the seat and turned my face to the window and looked outside and admired the view.

Suddenly he grabbed my hand and place of the side gare on the car and kept his hand above and was operating the gare like he does not even know that my hand was below there too.

I looked at him in shock while gave him glares for the act he has done but he sat there and drove like there was nothing wrong.

The drive back to home was much longer than usual and I could do nothing about my hand being placed there as it looked like nothing is happen and all I did was get back to look out of the window and keep myself calm from the exploitation that was given to me hand.

__________________________________