CHAPTER 29

HUW 29

Michael

I had to tell her everything I was holding back from past few days, It's not like I was encouraging her presence in life it was just that I have seen her work closely and she really has some great skills and her urge to learn new things has made me more impressed, I hardly get to meet people who are of her age with so much of enthusiasm to learn more, also her ability of being a team player and not taking all the credit herself.

While they were cracking the case study, I saw her getting so much involved in it that she even ignored what people were talking to her. All this was observed not just by me but also by my colleagues as well, who happens to be at a reputated post at work. Seeing her interest and her working ability they did not mind training her part time for another field as well if it wasn't for their approval, I would have never allowed her or might have not been able to permit her to work.

With all this in place I thought why not keep all the past incidents aside for a while and appreciate good work, in the process of keeping this away I went a little ahead and did something unusual I had observed her hands since she started her internship, every time I visited their work area I could see her typing on the keyboard her font size was too small to read from a distance, not sure if she did it on purpose, there was something she never wanted to share with everyone my curiosity increased when I saw how dedicated she use to be with that, if called out she use to just reply with a 'hmmmm' and that was not at all self-explained. My observation of her typing became too much that I tried to see the words that she typed instead of observing the keys used by her on the keyboard I was too much involved in looking her hands. I have time reserved to visit their work area only when she typed the most and pretend like working there but instead, I observed her hands To figure out what she was up to.

Instead this is what I was thinking about the whole time I saw her hands, she had very normal hands but the fact that she was too underweight her hands were very lean and her bone on the wrist popped out and the most interesting part was her mole, she had a mole just at the corner of her little figure of the left hand and that was too attractive to handle. At first I thought it was a pen mark but she once washed dishes at kitchen after dinner to help Liza is when I noticed it was a mole or a birth mark and I terribly fell for that. Yes, I agree I did fall for that and I did not leave any chance to see it.

Toady when she was right next to me and I saw her hand the urge of touching and taking her hand in mine just increased and I took it in my hand and placed it on the hand gear and did not leave it the whole way. She was very uncomfortable she even tried to take it out, but I had held it so hard that she could not move it she could not tell anything because she has understood that I would never listen to anyone when I have to do anything and that made me more happy that this lady has started to understand her husband.

wait what?

What did I just say?

'Truth' came the self answer.

I pulled myself back to the current place and looked at her enjoying her ice cream and again my eyes landed on her finger and that was too cute to handle just when I extended my hand to hold her she immediately pulled it back, giving me a hint that she will not let that happen again.

"So, all this means anything?" she questioned.

"What?' I asked her confused.

"I understand that you liked my work and have got me here for the appreciation but is there anything apart from all this?"

She dared to ask me that.

"What do you think?" I asked her.

"I wouldn't have asked you this question if I knew the answer, plus this is about me, is the reason why I have put up this question I really would not have asked if it did not mean to satisfy or clarify my own doubts. So, tell me Michael why all this special treatment, fame was never my thing I'm way too much consumed in myself that I hardly have time to anything so me handling this fact of me being married to you and gaining fame and enjoying the same will never ever intrest me. You hold my hand making me uncomfortable and being weird on the bed the other day, why all this? Is this because you have started to have any sort of feelings or you want to attract me physically. I have not told you anything much about myself nothing has attracted me ever apart from my books, my studies and my own world. I don't need people to listen to me or talk to me I can do that to myself, never have I ever been in conversation or if I may tell state it, I have never been involved in a romantic conversation with anyone and I don't have any plans of doing it. So, please let's simply keep our lives to our own self and stop all kinds of physical contact. I'm sure you are trying to convince your mother about how this marriage was a mistake and it has to end she might sooner or later understand this as well, once she ask me I'll make myself very clear about how this all was just for the sake of her and has to do nothing with the two of us. When that day comes, we can free each other from this, until then we can just be far from each other and each other's stuff. I would not appreciate anything and shall never, you were to marry my cousin and I entered in by mistake and I don't want to have this taken anywhere else. Once I complete my studies and I see that you were not able to convince your mother i'll talk to her myself and we can walk out from this. Since it is very new and all this is your family matter I will keep it that way and give as much time you want to sort this out once I feel this is going no where and you are not able to talk to your mother about this marriage, is only when I'll step in and draw myself out of this. Thank you very much for the ice cream and it is time we leave because I don't think you will me eating that melted ice cream anymore."

She said pointing to my ice cream. I was in shock all I replied was, "You really have understood this well, appreciate it"

That's it we paid the bill and left and the whole ride her words kept on replying itself in my mind.

______________