XLIII

"victoria's secret"
_________________________________________

My eyes scanned the engraving.

grandma? Why would a chest named grandma sit there?

My eyes widened in realisation when I looked at the necklace I put around my neck.

My hands went to the back of my neck and I unfastened it before placing the delicate item on the palm of my hand.

Yes, the grandma engraved on the key was there. I looked at the key, then my gaze fell on the chest. I gripped the key in my hand and took a deep breath.

Should I leave it because its private?

But Eunhee, you're in this family. And if its a family secret you're supposed to know.

I was going to unlock the chest's lock with the key.

But I heard footsteps.

"Eunhee! Are you there?" A voice called as the footsteps grew louder.

Oh no.

I quickly grabbed the door's handles and closed the cabinet. I stood up straight and scurried over to the dresser. I began to sort out some stuff as if I was fixing everything.

"Eunhee?" The voice became clearer and I heard the door crack open.

I turned my body and my eyes met Chaeyoung's, who was standing ny the doorframe with her brows furrowed.

"I brought some boxes for you to put her stuff in," she said and she put the boxes down before nodding at me.

"Sure, thanks Chae," I replied and she smiled before closing the door with the sound of a click.

I waited for a few seconds to hear the sound of footsteps starting to get farther away from me behind the door.

I sighed deeply before turning my heel and walking back to the closet to where the chest was.

My hands reached the two cabinet handles and I pulled them open befofe I kneeled down on the floor to examine this brown oak chest with golden linings on it.

Should I unlock it?

I look at the key in my palm, my heart beating fast as I looked at the lock again.

Then I gripped the key tight, a deep exhale escaping my mouth.

Its now, or never.

And I placed the key inside the lock.

TAEHYUNG POV

"Where did you last seen him, Jimin?" I said to the shorter latter in a harsh manner.

"Well, me and him went on a short walk together because he wanted fresh air, then he saw this remote-controlled toy car by a kid and he chased after it, calling it a.. what was that again? mini scallopy? Ah, a mini jalopy," Jimin explained and I rolled my eyes as I slipped in the driver's seat.

Jimin slid in the front seat ans Jin hyung was in the backseat.

I placed the key and turned the engine on before pulling out of the driveway.

"Now where do we find that coconut-head? If he burns another building you are gonna be the seducer this time," I side eye him and he smiles sheepishly before placing his chin on the palm of his hand.

"The only person I'm gonna seduce is you, honey," Jimin sneers and I turn beet red before gripping the steering wheel.

"Please, no flirting while I'm here," Jin hyung pipes in, a semi-disgusted look on his face.

"Our problem you're a boomer?" Jimin chuckles and I smile before turning a sharp left.

"Where was that toy car going anyway?" I ask Jimin.

"Why would you ask me? I'm not Jungkook!" He retorted.

"YOU were the one who lost him!" Taehyung groaned and Jimin rolled his eyes before looking out the window.

"Married couples," Jin hyung sighed deeply before looking out the window as well while he was in the backseat.

"We are not married!" I retorted.

"Yet," Jimin continued and I glared at him.

"Jimin, not the time," I told him and he smirked before diverting his gaze back to the window.

"You guys look like one. I won't be surprised Taehyung would come squealing with a ring on his third finger after three months," Jin scoffed and Jimin's smirk grew wider.

"He is my honey, right Tae?" Jimin teased and I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

"F*ck you," I groan.

"I'd love to," he winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Now, where is that boy?" Taehyung grumbled.

EUNHEE POV

As I turned the key that surprisingly fit in the lock, I slowly turned it to the right because of how rusted it is.

As I kept turning the lock slowly with the key, it let out a small click.

My eyes widened as I saw the gap of the chest open. Then the key that was turning the lock stopped, indicating it was fully open.

I take the top of the chest, my fingers touching the glossy wood.

And open it completely.

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or you get smelly feet

HAHAHAIDIDNOTLEAVEYOUGUYSINACLIFFHANGERLOLOLSORRYNOTSORRY

No dad's note cuz he's busy lmao

But anyway, after I finish this book (which will take FOREVER) I'm gonna move on to Hiraeth, okay my potatHOES?