XLVI

"the truth untold"
_________________________________________

My eyes widened as I looked at the box again. My breathing starting to get uneasy as I picked the box up.

The box that once contained the frame had something else.

Inside the box was a somewhat green uniform with camouflage prints of shades of brown and black.

At the right side of the uniform was a golden badge, and my mouth hung open as I read what was in the badge.

"Eunhee? Eunhee!" A voice called and my head jolted to the direction to where the voice came.

I quickly closed the box and swiftly threw it inside one of the boxes my sister gave me. I placed the frame inside my shoebox.

"Eunhee? Are you done? I'm done cleaning downstairs," Chaeyoung said as she opened the door and she stepped in while looking around the room.

Thankfully, I closed the closet and the chest before opening the box.

"Yeah, can you give me a hand?" I asked her. She sighed deeply before pushing the door closed.

"You're not done yet? I was hungry," she whined playfully and I chuckled at her.

"You're lucky you get to fix the breads downstairs. I have to pile everything up," I shot back and she nodded and smiled before kneeling down on one of the shelves.

She took out some of mom and dad's family pictures and placed them gently inside the box.

I continued to take out some other stuffs, like mom's old books, and dad's baseball bats.

I was also wiping the dust off the stuff I found when a thought came across my mind.

"Chaeyoung," I called for her and her head turned towards me with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah?" She responded.

"Who are our great grandparents?" I asked her and I heard her hmm, before taking a large inhale.

"I think... it was Park Jinyoung? I'm not sure," she replied and I nodded before putting the frames inside the boxes.

Let me put a mental note to get the box later.

-

After packing everything up, me and Chaeyoung went in the car to drive back home with the boxes filled with mom's stuff in the backseat.

"Hey Eunhee," a voice called my name.

"Yeah?" I replied as I faced my sister who just entered the driver's seat.

"I'm actually wondering," she paused, putting the car key inside before turning the engine on.

"Did we take everything? Or did we leave behind some other stuff?" She asked while glancing at the closed bakery.

"Well, since that bakery is closed for good all the stuff is in here," I told her.

She nodded at me and gave me a small smile before backing out of the driveway and making our way towards home.

-

BOOM!

"We need backup!" A voice shouted.

"The North has invaded our territory! Send backup, now!" The general shouted.

"Pigeon, come in Pigeon," another man spoke in his walkie-talkie.

"Send in troops! Bring the tanks!" The Commamder said.

There was dust, and I was standing on one of the tall hills, a field filled with brown dust surrounding my vision as I looked at what was before me.

There were loud bangs and shots, there was a gust of wind invading my eyesight, two colonies of green against each other as fiery bullets were released.

"Medic! Send in Medic!" A voice shouted.

"Fire!" Another voice shouted and bullets were fired at one another. Shrill voices and cries came from each colony.

My eyes widened as I looked around, I was the only woman standing on the hill. Actually, I was  the  only person on this hill, looking at what was displayed before me.

"The North is gaining on us! Send in the other troops! Where is our lieutenant?" The General shouted through the loud firing.

There were two flags, one was white and one was red. Tanks that got molded into the dirt and helicopters that were above the sky invaded my vision.

My eyes started to get teary, a lone tear that escaped my right eye. My eyes widened as I touched my teary eyed with my fingers, a watery substance engraved in it.

Why... why am I crying?

A gust of loud shots and grenades filled my ears. The scent of the explosion filling my nostrils which intoxicated me.

But then, as if my ears were as sharp and clear, heard something.

"Lieutenant! Lieutenant Jeon!"

BOOM!

-

My eyes widened as I woke up, my heartbeat quickened and I tried to catch my breath, beads of sweat forming on my forehead as I tried to reminisce the events that happened to me.

What? What was I... dreaming?

I reached for a glass of water, trying to calm myself but I my arm knocked something else over.

I remembered sneaking it in with me while Chaeyoung went to her room.

The box.

And the box fell,

And the items scattered on the floor.

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or no dad's notes >:(

Anyway, I do this with all my books lol.

Creation for Webtoon, Netflix, or kdrama? Choose!