LIX

June 25, 1950
_________________________________________

"Jungkook, do you really have to go?" Her sulken voice made Jungkook's stomach churn in despair.

"I'm sorry Chaehee, but I really need to. South Korea is sending all men to the battlefield, sometimes I have to do it for our country," Jungkook responded, grabbing her hands and coating them with his, the warmth of him alone making Chaehee's heart tremble.

"B-but Jungkook... what if...," she continues, and tears pool at the edges of her eyes and Jungkook's nrows furrow, wiping the tear that escaped her almond-shaped eyes.

"I have to, I'm a Lieutenant Chaehee, I need to go. And I'll come home, for you," Jungkook said and he planted a kiss on Chaehee's forehead.

Jungkook was dressed in a camouflage uniform of shadea of brown and black, wearing black combat boots and he wore several badges on his chest as he looked at Chaehee, sadness painted on his face.

Chaehee's lips trembled. At this point she was scared, and worried.

"Are you gonna cry because you'll miss me?" He asks her as he pinches her nose.

"N-no," Chaehee says, frowning.

"Stop lying."

"Fine, I'll cry and I'll miss you because I'll never get to look at your annoying face and your funny nose," Chaehee blurted and Jungkook smiled triumphantly before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"What's so funny about my nose?" He asks her.

"You look like a Moai," she giggled as she poked his nose.

Jungkook laughed silently, his bunny teeth showing as his hands slid themselves around the girl's waist.

"Look, you know I love you right?" He asks her.

"Well, yeah," she replies.

"I have something for you, I've been keeping it away from you for years," he mutters as he stuffs his hand inside of his pocket.

He scrambles inside his pocket, finding the gift she wanted to leave with Chaehee before he left for war.

He pulls something out of his pocket, a marble white disc with a woman and a man holding each other on top of it. The base of the disc adorned silver curves and waves and it sparkles under the sunlight.

"I've been.... working on this for years! But here, its for you," he smiled, as he placed the delicate thing on the palm of her hands.

"Is.... this... a music box?" She asks him, and Jungkook nods slowly as he presses his forehead with hers.

"I made this because I know you'll miss me, and so you won't miss me, I made this," he replies and Chaehee's eyes sparkle.

Chaehee reaches out for the small wire beside the white disc, and she turns the wire on clockwise, the couple on top of the disc started to churn as they rotated the same place.

It was a lullaby, the same lullaby that brought both souls into one, well almost, since they weren't married yet.

"Oh my gosh Jungkook! I love it!" Chaehee exclaims as she hears the beautiful music invading the empty house.

"Anything for you, Ms. Choi," he smiles, taking her hand and placing his lips on the back of her palm.

"It will make me feel 10 times better when you're gone, but I'll be 90 times happier when you're here, safe," she says as she pulls him towards her, placing her head on his chest as they both take in the music still playing from the white disc.

"Do you know how beautiful you look Chaehee? Its a shame I won't get to see this face," he said as he cupped her face with his left hand.

"Jungkook, please be safe, stay strong for me," Chaehee smiled, clutching the music box to her chest as her pink lips tugged up into a smile.

"I will Chaehee, I already told you, I'm coming home, into your arms," he spoke as his other hand went to cup her cheek, bringing her face closer to his.

Their lips touched, and Jungkook pressed them against hers, giving her an innocent but deep kiss as their lips molded together in passion.

"I love you," he spoke as their lips parted and they shared each other's breaths.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too," Chaehee replied as they both parted ways, Jungkook turns his heel and steps down the terrace of the bakery, he suddenly stops and he turns his head towards his lover, who still has the music box in her hands.

"Lets meet again, Choi Chaehee," Jungkook smiles and gives her a wink.

Chaehee flushes red, and she looks down as Jungkook diverts himself back to the military truck, where his troop was waiting for him.

After seeing the truck's silhouette disappear under the setting sun of orange and pink clusters of clouds, Chaehee sits down the small steps of the terrace, staring at the music box in her hands.

As she turns the small wire of the disc, the couples dances again as the beautiful melody fills air and the her eyes reflect the sun setting down the horizon.

Lavender's blue dilly dilly

Lavender's green

When I am king dilly dilly, you shall be queen

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

VOTE 👀

So, the continuation chapter will be next! Which is back to Eunhee lol

Don't worry if you're confused, you'll get it soon.