Home From A Mission

Here is the very first chapter of Hope in the Drakness, the sequal to  A Secret in the Shadows. Read that  story first before this one please.  I've decided to keep the same update scheduel as the first story so every Friday a new chapter will go up. Now on with the chapter.

Itwas dark out. Almost midnight. They had been waiting for almost two hours nowto make their move and it looked like the wait was finally almost over. Theirtargets were inside the house now and heading up the stairs one into thebedroom and the other into the bathroom for a quick much needed shower.

Bowieand Zac moved in quietly. They knew the doors and windows were locked, the duothey'd been after for a while now were quite careful and they'd seen and heardthe locks being engaged. They also knew the kitchen window was unlocked as thelock was old and broken. That was their way in. Zac went inside first followedby Bowie, his partner for this mission. They listened to the noises coming fromupstairs using their vampiric hearing.

"The male target is currently in the shower. The female target is in what I think is the master bedroom upstairs. The first door on the right," Zac whispered.

"I'll take the female target you take the male,"Bowie suggested as Zac nodded before they separated.

Ithad been two years since Lui Shirosagi had been taken down by the High Council withthe help of Zac, his coven and the SNP organization and Theodore Glass, aformer council member, disappeared off the council's radar. In that time frameZac and most of his coven had joined the organization. The SNP,Supernatural Protection, Organization was formed and run by the High Council. Itwas created to protect the Supernatural world from being discovered andthreatened by humans who were not ready to learn of its existence yet as wellas supernaturals not willing to stay in the shadows any longer and threateningit with exposer to humans who could and possibly would destroy it.

Twoweeks ago the High Council had learned of a rouge wolf who was attacking humansunnecessarily. Bowie and Zac had been tasked with taking care of the situation.That's what they were doing at the moment. Dealing with a rouge wolf and his femalecompanion who he'd picked up for his own needs.

The two vampires had tracked down the wolf's three surviving victims out of the twenty six known victims, who had miraculously survived his attacks on them. They had been trying to tell others about the creature that had attacked them and had to be quietly removed from existence so they could no longer talk about the monster as was protocol for the SNP. That had taken about a week.

Bowie and Zac would not need to report theremoval of the three survivors to the High Council when they returned, as theirremoval was part of their mission. Now all they had to do was dispatch the wolfresponsible for the attacks. It had taken another week for Zac and Bowie tolocate the wolf in question. Now they realized they had another problem. He wasnot alone.

Thelarge monster of a wolf had a human female with him. On top of that she was partof a group trying to catch the wolf and use him to prove the existence of thesupernatural world to other humans who were not yet aware of its existence. Shewas playing the bait to catch him. Bowie and Zac could not and would not allowthat to happen. This human had to go.

The two vampires knew they needed to take all the humans involved in this situation down and didn't bother contacting the council about what they'd learned of this woman and her group. They would inform the council of all the human deaths once the mission was over and they returned to report.

Dealing with the human female's group had been avery easy task. Bowie simply used his shadow manipulation to hide him and Zac.Then they struck as fast as lightning and took out two humans each. Bowie usedhis superior strength to break their necks and Zac used his electricmanipulation to zap them ending them quickly. Nowit was time to deal with the last human and the wolf. Zac headed to thebathroom to deal with the wolf while Bowie headed to the bedroom to deal withthe woman.