This is not Manhattan Anymore

Percy's POV

Run, Percy, Run!

Nine-year-old Persephone sped down the roads of Manhattan, scared and tired. Her mom's last scream still echoing in her mind. She didn't dare to stop, afraid that her step-father Gabe would catch her. Tears welled up in her eyes and blurred her vision. Suddenly, she felt like her whole body is dissolving and turning into vapor.

Thud

Pain shot through her whole body as she falls to the ground. Suddenly, she wasn't in Manhattan anymore. The streets were unfamiliar to Percy, it was dark and gloomy here. Everything seems...dangerous and dark. Percy's senses tingled, she know she was being watched, someone had found her. She was terrified, yet she stayed calm, her bright sea-green eyes seem to glow in the dark as she searched her surroundings. There, she thought and glared up at the rooftop not far from where she sat on the ground.

Two figure was standing on top of it. One was shaped like a man-bat, the other was smaller and...more human. They seem to be staring down at Percy as if wondering where the heck did this kid came from. Not to blame them, Percy was wondering the same thing, how did she end up here? This is definitely not Manhattan anymore.

"Who are you?" A gruff voice asked. The figures had moved from the roof and were standing in front of Percy.

Percy backed away in surprise. How did he get down from the roof so fast and silent?

"P-Persephone Jackson, but I like to be called Percy."

"Where are your parents?" Percy didn't mean to but she burst out crying.

"M-My Step-father k-killed my mom. She tried to defend me, she got stabbed in the chest. Mommy told m-me to run." The smaller figure from earlier came beside her and wrapped his arms around Percy, trying to comfort her. Percy appreciated it. The red and black hero is angry, not at Percy but at Smelly Gabe.

The bat-figure came beside her and crouched down to the same level as Percy and asked: " Where do you live, Percy?"

"Manhattan." Both heroes were silent. They looked at each other, having a silent conversation.

"What is it?" young Percy asked confused at the silence.

The red and black boy sighed, he looked at Percy with his masked eyes, "Percy, you're at Gotham, this is not Manhattan."

The raven-hair girl's eyes widened, "But how did I get here? I was running down the streets of Manhattan just minutes ago!"

The boy turned and looked at the older hero, "Batman, could she-"

The Bat cut his protege off with a raised hand and said to Percy, "We don't know, but you shouldn't be out this late, Gotham is not safe at night. I will send you to an Orphanage tonight, I have a friend who will come and get you in the morning and gave you a home to live."