Don't Let Being A Dumb Bitch Keep You From Achieving Your Dreams

"(Y/N), are you feeling okay? You've been pretty out of it recently." The girl brushed the long red locks from her face, bright curls spilling off her shoulders in bouncy waves. She was one of her closest friends, since the beginning of school they were almost inseparable, but recently, this bond had been wavering little by little, replaced with harder classes and stressful days with no free time.

"Yea, I'm just a little nervous." The girl hummed, rubbing the small eraser bit size knobule on the side of her waist. It was a small blood clot that the doctors had found. Of course, it had to be removed. It wasn't a difficult surgery, nor a threat to her health in any form, but she was still a tad worried about having to deal with it. The surgery would start tomorrow during the summer of their private school, right after they graduate so she didn't have to worry about homework or finals or missing classes. "I just get the feeling that something super bad is about to happen, or something... Maybe something goes wrong with the operation..."

"Oh please! The chance of that happening is astronomically low! Don't be such a worrywart, you'll get wrinkles!" Amelia laughed it off, the dimples of her smile creasing softly in that way only she could do. "This is for your own good, silly!"

"I know, Lia." (Y/N) grinned, the corners of her lips curling up in response. "I'm sure I'm just overthinking everything."

"Like you always do."

"Like I always do."

-+-

The hospital always felt so sterile. The lingering scent of lemon Lysol and ethanol burned her lungs, and she wondered how the workers hadn't already fainted from the pungent scent. The nurse behind the desk stared languidly at the flickering blue screen in front of her, arm propping her head up as her dull, glazed over eyes stay locked on the screen. (Y/N)'s leg bounced nervously, a habit she's had ever since she could remember. There wasn't any explanation for why the pit in her stomach grew by the second, as if weighing her down to prevent her from moving any closer to her demise. Her body felt hot and cold, her skin drenched with a thin layer of sweat from the AC that whirred in the middle of the room, soft white ribbons rippling in the air to verify the breeze. "(L/N), (Y/N)?" Her (E/C) eyes turned up towards the owner of the voice, a male with bright green hair and a rather overexaggerated smile peered down at her, pearly teeth between the purple lips of the doctor. He had a strange pin on his shirt, but she paid it no mind. Behind him, a man with horrible posture and a bright green mask glared at her. "I'm Dr. Cioccolata, and this is my assistant, Dr. Secco."

She nodded, taking his outstretched hand and giving it a light shake. "Nice to meet you both." They wasted no time to bring her down the very very long hall, her feet stumbling to match up to their strides. Behind her, she swore she heard a dull thud behind the desk, but no one was sitting in the wheely chair that had shifted softly, as if the person had disappeared.. Had the nurse left already? The grip on her arm tore her sight away from the empty waiting area. For doctors, they were rather forceful. She almost felt like she was thrown into a nearby room, the thin hospital gown thrown over her body as 'Secco' slammed the door, muttering a gravelly 'change'.

The pit grew, it almost felt like it started to bubble and rise, forcing its way into the caverns of her throat. She did her best to swallow it down, oddly enough, it tasted like bile even despite the fact she hadn't eaten all day. She gently tugged her clothes off one by one, quickly slipping on the scratchy dress and pulling it down to her knees. As if they were watching, the door flew open the moment she had started to stand up, leading her to jump back in surprise.

"No need to be so scared, darling, It's just me!" Dr. Cioccolata chuckled lowly, staring into her wide eyes with an emotion she couldn't exactly read. "Did anyone ever tell you what beautiful eyes you have?" He lightly flicked a needle, forcefully grabbing her arm and pulling her closer with a grip of iron. He reveled in her yelp as he administered the medicine, her body slowly falling limp, held only by the arm tight in his grasp.

-+-

"(L/N), (Y/N)?" A doctor walked out into the waiting room, surveying the room. No one was there, only globs of a disgusting mold that clung to the seats and floors. He groaned, lifting his foot when he realized he had stepped on some. As he lowered his foot, the mold grew, eating away at the flesh and until he toppled, the yellow goop swallowing him whole.