We Found Out

JENNIE

I had a rough day at my own office today since I had a lot of meetings for my branching out and collaborations with big brands. Signing papers here and there. Zoom meetings with the creatives and marketing heads of Chanel. Approving sub designs of my young designers in JK clothing line. Tough day indeed.

I decided to leave my office at lunch time and ate outside. Also planned to visit a record store to buy some vinyl records to add up to my collection. Yes, I'm an old soul and the sound quality in vinyl are far different than the ones we have on Spotify and iTunes.

After lunch, I went straight to a record store nearby and looked for some. I already have three in my hands and I am still looking for a Miles Davis vinyl. I have been here already for two hours. The salesman said they have an available one but he forgot where in the crates it is since the records were randomly placed in boxes.  So I had to look for it by myself. You know, I am so lucky today that I am the only customer at the moment and there's a big chance that I will find it soon and no one's going to be my competition. It's a hard to find record already and knowing Miles Davis, he's one of the best Jazz musicians of all time.

I noticed a tall woman with lean built entered the store in a cap that hides her face. I admit, I check out what she's looking for. Well, she has great taste in music huh.

But later on, I caught her holding the one I am looking for. I didn't hesitate anymore and walked towards her. I also admit I checked her out too because she looks so hot in that loose black tshirt, black skinny jeans and black boots. So hot.

"Excuse me? I am really a fan of Miles Davis and until now I have no vinyl record of his songs. Especially the one you're holding. That's the album I have been looking here for like two hours already. Would you mind if I buy it?" I bravely asked her.

But this snob woman just turned her back from me and walked towards the cashier to pay for her records, not even looking at me.

I didn't stop but followed her instead. I rushed in front of her before she reaches the cashier.

"Please? Please? I will pay for those you have chosen but please just let me buy that Miles Davis." I almost  begged.

After a few seconds, my eyes widened when she removed her brown adidas cap and black wayfarer shades and she just looked at me. I noticed her eyes became soft when she met mine.

And fuck. This is the General X in front of me now. This is the Lisa Manoban I am asking a vinyl record from. Stupid move, Jennie.

You're begging for a vinyl from your one and only crush.

"Oh. Sorry. Hmmm. Ok, take it." She said with a serious face and handed me the vinyl.

She even asked if I want her to carry all the records I have in my hands right now and she'll bring it to the cashier. She didn't wait for my answer and took those from my hands. I was stunned. I could not even move. She is taking my breath away. It's the first time I saw my crush in person.

"Hmmmm. Miss?" I was awakened by her voice calling my name and I came back to my senses. I walked towards the cashier and paid  for my records. I offered to pay for hers but she declined. I waited for her to finish her transaction with the cashier. She even carried my bag of records until I reach my car.

When I unlocked the door, she opened the passenger seat and placed the records. When she closed the door, she introduced herself to me.

"I am Lisa Manoban." She offered a handshake.

"I'm Je----Jennie. Jennie Kim." I am nervous. But I still took her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Jennie. There's a record store just a few blocks away from here. I hope I can find a Miles Davis record there." She said and I chuckled. God. Did I do the right thing? Shit. I shouldn't have insisted her to give me that vinyl.