Northern Sky

JENNIE

I notice Lisa is not looking at me in the eyes lately. She has not visited her son for straight three weeks. I didn't mind as I know how busy she is right now because South Korea is hosting the Olympics for this year and she really has to make a plan for the event's security.

But Lisa is still a responsible parent to our son. On weekends, she's taking Liam from my house and spend time with him in her house.
One time, I had a dinner with Chanyeol and since I don't bring my car when I am with him, I had to let him drive me to take Liam from Lisa before heading home.

Two of them already met at the gate. Lisa never let us enter whenever I am with him. I respect that and I fully understand why.

About the divorce. I have already handed her the papers and I am just waiting for her to sign it. Irene said that it's been taking a while for Lisa to sign it since she's so busy at work. I also know that Lisa and her are always together. They became really good friends. Hmmmmmmm.
It's just funny that my lawyer who handles the divorce case is friends with my wife, i mean soon to be ex wife.

They are actually rumored dating but the two just laugh on the issue and still kept seeing each other. Irene actually tells me when she's with Lisa and I told her she's not obliged to update me and I tell her that they should have fun. Most of the time they have a drink together and eat somewhere.

Rosé's birthday came and we're all invited. I asked Chanyeol to come with me but he's not available. He had a business trip in China and as much as he wanted to come, he really couldn't.

Jisoo planned a surpirse party for her wife and we all helped her and we had to wait for Rosé to come home after her duty at the hospital for the surprise.

Lisa and Irene were late. They came together. They apologized and said they had to finish the new movie they watched in the cinema because it was so good.

I don't know why I felt a lil pinch in my heart when I am looking at them now so sweet and as if we're not around them. I mean I don't care if they are dating already. It's just that, it's weird that my wife and my  friend are this close to each other.

I noticed Irene takes care of Lisa the whole time, like she's putting food on Lisa's plate, getting her water to drink, wipes her mouth when stained with food and even hold Lisa's hand from time to time when Lisa feels uncomfortable and wipes her forehead when she's perspiring.

And i realized,

I had never done that to my wife.

Shit.

Jennie, you were never that caring to her when you're together. That simple gestures, Jennie.

But Lisa never complained. She's even so happy when I used to prepare her uniform and breakfast in the morning.

The party is almost over and i think most of us are drunk already.

I was surprised when I saw Lisa and Irene clinging to each other like a couple. Like they don't want each other to take a step away.
I felt a sudden pain inside me when their lips almost brushed with each other and they kept whispering to each other's ears. Lisa's hand is sometimes situated on Irene's waist. She only used to do all that to me.

Lisa stood up and went to the balcony and smoked her cigarette when Irene used the powder room. I approached her when I saw she's no longer talking to Hanbin when he joined Jisoo and Rosé.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi." she said back while letting out the smoke from her mouth.