Step Back

LISA

"Babe, i have been calling you. Just woke up?" Jennie is on the phone right now and we're having a video call.

"Baby, i 'm sorry. My head hurts. I drank a lot last night." I said while staring at her.

Inside, i am in deep guilt. I couldn't believe what i did. I couldn't believe I cheated on my wife. I cheated on this beautiful soul.

"Love, are you okay? I have been talking here but you look like your spacing out. Take some meds. " She said and i came back to my senses.

"Oh. Love, i am sorry i just---never mind. You coming home tomorrow? I'll pick you up at the airport?" I asked her. Her face dropped.

"Lisa, is there something you want to tell me? Why do you look sad?" She noticed when my voice became too weak.

"I just miss you, Jennie. I already miss you." I said.

"Love, i am sorry. As much as i want to go home now, we're not yet done here. The materials came too late and I am actually asking you if it's ok with you if i extend for another two nore days?" Jennie said biting her lip. Aaaaaah! I miss you so bad.

"Babe? Two more days? Jennie, I miss you already. I miss you so much." I said and my brows are already fighting.

"Love, just two more days. I swear, after this, i am not going anywhere anymore. Let's prepare our trip to Coron when I get back. I have decided too that I'll focus there and just ship all they need from us from now on. And if ever i will be invited from other countries again, i'll make sure your're with me. Will you come with me?" She said with her cute gummy smile. Jennie, why does my heart beats the same when the first time i realized I am falling in love with you already.

"Of course! I will come with you." I told her and smiled. It's good to hear that she's planning of not going in and out of the country anymore.

"I got to go now because it's getting late here. Good night and i love you sexy." She said and winked at me.

"I love you too Jennie." I said and waited for her to set herself to bed and she ended the video call.

I put my phone beside me and i still wanted to sleep.

My guilt is eating me alive. I wanted to tell her. But of course, not on the phone.

Come home, Jennie.

I don't know if you'll still forgive me. But you must know that i fucked up. Shit.

Do I still have the right to hope she'll forgive me?

Evening came and i got a text.

What does she want from me again?!

So Hee: Hi. Will you come? I need help on some investigations and I can't process everything in my mind. I am nervous for the next mission and I don't know if I am doing it right.

Seriously? You have just proven that you maybe used your pussy to the previous Director that's why you got that position.

Me: I can't. Send it to me via email.

So Hee: Okay. Hmmmm. Let's talk about last night.