Gold

LISA

I just came from doing nothing but just listening to my records  while having coffee inside the music room.

A lot of memories are flashing back.

The moment I first saw Jennie at the vinyl record store, when she slapped me in the club, when we had our first date, first time I got to hold her hand, our first hug, first kiss, when I proposed to her and when we got married. Of course, that night after our wedding, under the meteor shower.

I couldn't believe i worked so hard to win her heart but I just cheated on her. I cheated on the woman who values me and loves me with all her heart. The woman who respects me. The woman who brushes my stress of from work every time i go home to her and she wrap me in her arms.

The woman who I asked to be my wife is not here with me anymore listening to our records.

I went to my room and my phone has been beeping.

I am bombarded by messages and it's from
from Jennie.

Shit. There must be an emergency. I read them one by one and I can't believe my eyes.

Jennie: Lisa.

Jennie: Lisa, reply!

Jennie: Lisa, where are you?

Jennie: Lisa, text me back!

Jennie: Lisa, are you cheating again? We're not yet legally separated.

Jennie: Lisa, reply.

Jennie: Lisa, you won't be able to see your son if you're not going to send me a message.

Jennie: Lisa! Come over here. Now! Because i am fucking horny and it's still your responsibility to give me my needs especially now that I'm pregnant.

Wait. What?

Jennie: Lisaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Jennie: Oh, i forgot. I forgot you don't want my pussy anymore.

Jesus Jennie!

I can't believe what i have just read.

I immediately dialed her number but she's not picking up. Maybe she's asleep since it's already 9pm.
I just sent her a message right after I changed my clothes.

Me: I'm coming.

Before I start my car, she replied.

Jennie: I want ice cream.

I chuckled.

Jennie: Anything for you, Jennie.

I drove to the nearest grocery along the way and bought eight tubs of ice cream of any flavors.

When I arrived, she is already outside the door waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" She asked angrily.

"I'm sorry. I had to get you these." I said and raised the grocery bag full of ice cream.

Her eyes shined like a kid and took the bag from me without saying a word.

I didn't know pregnant women could have all the moods.

We ate dinner first.

"I missed your cooking. How I wish I could still get to eat your food everyday." I told her while closing my eyes and savoring the food.