V Road

JENNIE

I woke up in the morning with abdominal pain. I went to the bathroom and take a pregnancy test kit with me. It's negative again. There is really something wrong. Are the Doctors just afraid of telling Lisa and I the truth? Are they afraid of the General? They should tell us the truth why can't we get pregnant?

I settled on the bathroom floor and cried so hard.

Lisa entered the bathroom and sat with me on the floor worriedly. She hugged me and rubbed my back.

"What's wrong, Love?" Lisa cupped my face and carried me going to the couch in our room.

"I am sorry. I am sorry, Lisa. I think I will not be able to give you kids. Tested again and...I'm sorry." I cried on my knees. Cried so hard. My wife's reaction is blank. But she hugged me. Usually she would tell me it's okay and we should try again. But now, she has no emotions at all.

Because of too much disappointment. I insisted that we should make love now. As in now. I let her fuck me the way she wants and we did it for like two hours straight, different positions, hard, gentle, slow, fast. We came for we can't remember how many times.

But we ended making love since tomorrow, I will be leaving the country again for Egypt for another fashion business and Lisa is also departing going to Paju same day. She'll be away for a week and me for 10 days.

The next morning came and Lisa sent me to the airport. After this, she is also going to her office as her whole team will be settling there before they all left for Paju.

We said our goodbyes. All I see in her eyes were sadness. Sadness not because I am leaving again. Sadness because I can't give her a child. We're turning 31 in a few months and fuck.

Being Lisa's wife has a lot of benefits most of the time especially here at the airport. People already know me here and every time I have a flight, they provide a shuttle for me so I won't walk long from the gate up to the boarding area. Sometimes I decline the offer when I feel walking but the airport police would still follow me for my safety. They said it's an order from Lisa years ago when she was still courting me.

I texted her when I got to reach the boarding area.

I still have 45mins before we get in the plane.

Me: Love, let me know once you arrived at the office. I love you and please take care.

After 15 minutes, I got a reply from her.

Lisa: Yes, Love. I'm here already. Just waiting for Resvani that will take me there. You take care too. Text me when you are already in Egypt. When I have a signal at Paju, I will surely call you. Okay? And love, I'll be sending you a code later and you have to scan it. It's my location wherever I am. I just wish I get a signal so you can know where I am. So you won't have to worry on this mission. If it turns red, it means I am in North Korea.

Me: Yes, Chief.

I am so fucking nervous.

Lisa: Jennie, I am sorry for being cold to you again for days.

Me: I understand, Lisa. I think I need to go the Doctor again when I come back. There's really something wrong with me. I am sorry if until now, I can't give you a baby. There must really be something wrong with my body.

Lisa: Don't be too hard on yourself. There's nothing wrong with you.

Me: I can't stop thinking of the fact that there must be something going on in my ovary. I don't know. Love, it's impossible that it's you who has a defect here. You've got huge and long thing and you surely reach me. The Doctor's said you can produce. So yeah, maybe mine cell's blocking away. I don't know.