No Wife, New Life

LISA

I opened my eyes while my throat is being choked. I coughed everything out. My chest is so heavy. I wiped my sweat as I look at my room and stared at the wall clock. 3am. Dark. Empty. Just me. No Jennie by my side. No marriage. No getting back together.

The shred and fuck were all fucking dream. Ugh.

I was fucking dreaming of her being here, getting back together, no divorce and making love.

"God. How I wish it was real. Why do I have to be hurt this way?" I kept talking to myself as I wait for the clock to strike at 4 so I can take a bath and prepare my things. Today is the day I am going to be deployed to the barrier.

After I took a bath, I wore my new uniform. I took a deep breath looking myself at the mirror. Looking at the new badge pinned on my uniform.

I smirked when I saw the envelope with our divorce finality in the reflection.
I stepped back and took it. It was handed to me yesterday by my lawyer but i haven't opened it yet.

I took it together with my bags and went downstairs.

I was reading it while getting down the stairs.
Yes. We are officially divorced. I actually do not know what to feel now. All I know is I am happy because I am now on the Military and got the highest rank in the Air Force.
But the fact that I am no longer married to the woman I love, it really sucks. It pains me. But i have nothing to do with it anymore. I gave her what she wants. I hope she will really be happy.

I placed my bag at the living room and the envelope with the divorce papers so I can prepare my breakfast in the kitchen.

I was shocked when i heard a noise. Plates, stiring steel on mug and water flowing in the sink.

I took my gun immediately from my bag and walked towards the kitchen.

Fuck.

"What the hell, Jennie." I startled when I saw her preparing breakfast.

"Li----Lisa. Gosh. I'm sorry." She said while holding the cup of coffee while stirring it.

"Jen, what are you doing here?" I asked. Wait. Don't tell me what happened last night was not a dream.

"Sorry. You know I still have the keys right? Jisoo told me you will be deployed today so I decided to come here. I just arrived an hour ago." She said while giving the coffee to me. I put my gun on the bar and took the coffee.

So yeah, it was a dream and the only fact here is we're divorced.

"Sorry. I--i still have my things here. I will leave a message to mom and dad to get all my stuff . Sorry I didn't have enough time to move out." I said as my heart is being crushed to pieces. I really didn't have the time to leave this place because of work. This house is no longer mine. It's under Jennie's already.

"No. It's okay. Leave them here. Let's talk about it when you get back." She said and smiled. She gestured that we should eat our breakfast.

"I don't know if I'm coming back. Why---why are you here. I mean, yeah, this is yours already. But---" i said while looking down but she immediately spoke.

"I wanted to see you. I wanted to talk to you. That's why I'm here." She said shyly.

"Jen, I 'll be okay. If you worry about me, please don't. Take care of yourself and our son. And.....and be happy, Jen." I told her while I slid my hand above her fingers.

"Lisa, i am really sorry. I promise you, I will make a way, I will process everything that this house and your money won't be transfered to me." She said.

"No. You don't have to. We must follow the law. And Jennie....I don't care about the riches in this world." I told her while looking at her straight in the eyes.

She didn't speak for a while. We continued eating and never uttered a word.

"Can I bring you at your meeting point?" She asked. I nodded. I was actually planning to take a cab because my fucking Bugatti is no longer even mine anymore. God.

She drove going to the meeting point before I finally leave Gangnam.

When we arrived, she fixed my collar and made sure my uniform is tidy.

"How long will you be there?" She asked.

"A year or two? Or maybe forever? I don't know. I----it depends bit if ever I'm coming back, my office would still be in Gangnam, just few streets away from the current. Probably I'll also do flying when I get back if there will be special mission." I said.

She looked down and started to cry.

"Hey, Jennie. Don't cry. You should be happy. I want you to promise me one thing, if ever you'll fall in love again, tell me who the person is so I'll do a background check first. Understand? That is a command, Jennie." I told her.

She cried more and she nodded.

What the fuck. I can't believe I am now telling her this. Fuck. It now sinks in. Jennie is no longer my wife. Fuck.

It hurts.

But i controlled myself not to cry.

My military service has arrived already and the driver and some men under me are already preparing for my departure. I let go of Jennie's hand when she held it a while ago.

I didn't say a word anymore. I turned my back from her and walked towards the car with my bags.
I got in the car. I looked at Jennie from inside but she is still crying leaning her body at the door of her car.

"Stop. Don't go yet." I told the Military driver. I pulled the lock and opened the door. I walked hurriedly towards Jennie. The military men were shocked seeing me in a rush. Jennie didn't notice me approaching her.

I snaked my arms in her wasit and pulled her so fucking tight to my body and she flinched.

I hugged her tight from behind.
Then she turned around to face me while she placed her hand to my nape.

I didn't wait for some butterflies to appear nor heart balloons to fly in the sky.
I kissed her. I kissed her passionately and she kissed back. My hands are already squeezing her waist and her butt.

Our lips parted when we needed to catch our breaths. She is still surprised of what I did.

"I am sorry if I kissed you. I dreamt of---of making love with you last night. And---and Jennie. Ugh. Never mind." I said but she kissed me.

"You should have called me last night if youw anted to make love with me." She whispered. Jesus. Can I----can I leave this evening and just be with her for a while? But hey Lisa. Remember. She's no longer your wife.

"Jen, we're no longer married right? I---i was shy to ask it from you." I told her shile looking down.

"Call me whenever you get the chance to or when you can visit here. You know where to find me. Always take care, Lisa." She said and smiled at me.

"Goodbye. I really hope you are happy now. Be free."
I said and i took a deep breath and kissed her forehead.

She nodded.

I was about to walk and leave already but she grabbed my hand.

"Come back, ok? Come back alive. For our son." She said while wiping her tears.
I caressed her cheeks with my thumb and I nodded.

Then I left.

I don't fucking now what life at the barrier awaits for me. All I know is, i need to go.

So I can totally let her go.