Ring Finger

LISA

If something bad happens to Jennie and our baby, I won't forgive myself.

Our baby. Jennie is finally pregnant. My wife is already carrying my child. Our child. I don't know what I feel right now. I don't deserve to be happy. I don't deserve to rejoice knowing that our dream of having a family which is coming true but I already ruined it beforehand.

I was sitting on a bench waiting for the Doctor to come out.

"Lisa, what happened to Jennie?" Rosé is rushing  to approach me and Jisoo is behind her just calm and looks so disappointed.

"She had a bleeding." I said while I look down.

"Is this because she found out?" Rosé asked me and I am shocked to know that she knows. I just stared blankly on the wall in front of me.

I stood up and leaned my back on the wall, closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I caught you going to Madison Square twice. That So Hee told some people in the office  about what you two did. I caught many times how she looked at you in a different way. I know you love your wife, General. But you should've kept yourself away from temptation if you really do love your Jennie. I want to punch you now, but I can't because you are my superior. I just can't believe you can do this Jennie."Jisoo said while Rosé sat on the bench.

I looked down and my tears started to fall again.

"But we didn't tell her. Because we also respect you even if you don't deserve it." I  just listen to Jisoo and everything she's saying is true.

"I have so much respect for you, Lisa. I look up to you as our General. What have you done? I am your best friend and I love Jennie as much as I love you. If you wanted to try other woman you should have broken up with her instead and not cheat on her."

"Do you know how.....how eager I am now to punch you, General?"

"If something bad happens to Jennie and your baby, can I hit you?"

She said while her eyes are becoming watery. I agreed. I deserve it.

Rosé took her wife's hand and made her sit beside her.

After a while, the Doctor approached us.

"General, your wife could have a miscarriage if you didn't rush her here. Your baby is safe now. But Mrs. Manoban's pregnancy is prone to complications if she'll always encounter stress. Make sure she eats healthy and don't give her a headache. She is now on her private room on the 27th floor. You can visit her." The Doctor said and handed me a piece of paper with vitamins, do's and don'ts and the milk she has to drink everyday. Also the schedule of her appointments to her OB.

I am happy that my wife and my baby are now okay. But I don't know if I should go inside her room. Jisoo, Rosé and I went to her room but I suddenly felt not going in. My  guilt pulled me away from the door.

After an hour I am still outside the room just leaning on the wall standing. Dad and Jungkook arrived followed by my parents and went inside Jennie's room.

Later on, Jungkook went out and stood in front of me.

"Lisa... General.... Will you allow me to punch you?" I nodded and I am crying.

I didn't felt any pain when his fist landed on my jaw. But it was like a rock that damped on my face.

He cried.

"It was pure. The love we saw you had for her was so pure that we entrusted my sister to you." He said while pulling my shirt for me to stand up.