I'm Interested

LISA

Jennie and I have been going out for a week now. She is interesting. She's pretty and hot. She has these qualities that make me so comfortable being with her. Every time I am with her, I feel free. I feel like there's no weight on my shoulders. The weight that my job gives me, she take them away with just her smile and laughter.

Her voice is perfect. Her words are well thought of before she say anything. Her mind is beautiful. That's  why I love talking to her.

She would check me up from time to time at work and even call me if there are heavy cases in the office. She would invite me in her house and cook for me to take my stress away.

We would listen to our vinyl records together and she even made me dance. What are you doing to me, Jennie? This feeling inside is so foreign to me.

She would  visit me in my office and bring her home cooked recipes. My colleagues are already teasing me that I finally found the one and I blush every time they do it.

Every time we're together, I want to hold her hand. I want to caress her face. I want to kiss her. I even want to hug her. I want to touch every skin of her body. God. God knows how much I want her to be by my side most of the time. I don't know how to handle this. I don't know how to tell her that I want to hold her. I am shy.  I am scared that I might frighten her. I don't even know if she has an idea that I am an intersex.

About that, I must tell her. Before we cross the bridge, she must know. Jennie must know. I must not hide anything from her. She is a good person and she deserves the truth especially about  me.

I invited her to watch the fireworks display with me at the waterfront park tonight and I am so happy she accepted it. Well, we're actually together almost every day. But every time I ask her  out and she agrees, I don't know why I really feel victorious.

I fetched her from work and told her to just leave her car in the office tonight and we'll just pick it up after.

The moment I saw her exiting the building, I got off my car and opened the door for her.

"Hi." I greeted her.

"Hi Lisa." She greeted me back.

"How's work today?" I asked her.

"Ughhhh. So tiring. We're done with Chanel collaboration and now we're having one too with BVLGARI." She said. I really admire how hardworking Jennie is and she is really doing well in her passion.

"Well, what can I say? You're a great fashion designer and you deserve it. It's normal to get tired. But rest if you must, but don't you quit." I told her and she smiled.

"Hahahah! I am really now talking to a cop. But thank you, Lisa." I smiled back.

We drove going to the park and when we arrived I asked her go out first so I can change from my uniform to a long sleeve polo. I can't wear my uniform for personal stuff.

"You know, it's okay if you're naked in front of me. I am thinking it's been unfair cause you've seen me naked already and I haven't seen your body yet." She said and I am shocked.

"I'm kidding. I'm going out." She laughed and winked at me. Why is she so hot when she winks at me?

We walked towards the park and grabbed something to eat. God Lisa. You almost forgot to bring her to dinner first. Good thing when Jennie saw some street food, she rushed to the food stalls with excitement.

"Sorry. I forgot we haven't eaten our dinner yet. You want a real dinner?" I asked her.

"Nooooooo! It's okay. I want these street foods so baaaad!" Jennie said and she is really cute while munching some peppered tofu and chicken bbq.

"Ca—can I wipe your..?" I asked when I saw some sauce on the side of her lips and gestured. Yes. I asked permission. Because this is the first time I am going to touch her ever that she is not drunk. I searched for my handkerchief and I couldn't find it in my pocket. She laughed. So, I  just removed it with my thumb.

After we ate. We looked for a bench to sit because the fireworks show is about  to start.

When the pyromusical started, I saw Jennie's reaction. She is so happy with just this simple date. You know, I didn't expect she would appreciate this. She's a well-known socialite and who would expect she'll be here anyway?

"God. Thanks for this Lisa. I never expected that watching pyromusical could be so romantic." She said. I smiled to her.

"Jen?" I called her attention but she is still focused on the show.

"Yes?" She answered.

"Can...can I---" Shit. I am nervous.

She looked at me.

"Can I hold your hand?" I finally asked her.

She chuckled and she's even the one who grabbed my hand and held it. My heart warmed. Literally I feel like having a heartburn. I don't know what to do. This is my first time.

She moved closer to me as earlier we're like a feet apart sitting on the bench. She placed her head on my shoulder. She also moved my left arm to snake at her back and intertwined our fingers while watching the fireworks.

I think she noticed I am heavily breathing.

"Are you okay, Lisa?"  She asked me.

"I---I can't breathe. But yeah, I'm f---fine. It's just---it's just that, this is my first time holding a girl's hand and you know. You're the first girl I brought on a date." I could hardly speak. She just chuckled and even tease to kiss me. God. Jennie, you'll be the death of me.

"It's okay. This is my first time too. I never had a real relationship too in the past. Just make outs." She honestly said and I am surprised. Jennie never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend.

We were actually about to kiss. But some policemen noticed me.

"General Manoban!" I heard someone called me. He's a police assigned to this event right now and he is with another policeman with him. They gestured a hand salute to me and I gave it back so they can speak. Do they need something from me?

"We are so happy to see you here, General." He said and I noticed they are smiling at the back of their minds seeing me finally dating one.

"I am so glad to see you here too doing your job. You may go back to work now. Have a good night." I told them.  Jennie pinched my side.

"Enjoy the night, General." I nodded with their last  words.

"Lisa, they're obviously doing their job. You don't have to be sarcastic to them." Jennie scolded me.

"I know. It's just that, I got nervous when they caught me on a date." I said and Jennie laughed so hard.

After the show, I brought Jennie to her office to pick up her car and followed her home. This has been our routine. She won't allow me to fetch her in the morning and pick her up after work. She doesn't want me to get tired because she knows how heavy my work is.

"Thank you for tonight, Jen. I hope you enjoyed."

"I am the one who should be thanking you, Lisa. I really enjoyed it." She smiled.

I left her place after I brought her to the door and made sure she locked it. I have already told her many times to build a gate for her place. She always tells me she has no time yet but she will. I think I have to do it immediately. I couldn't sleep at night thinking she is at her house alone. Again, I'm a cop and my instincts are  always in advance. That's why I am in my position now.