Aircraft 923

LISA

Hanbin and Jisoo dropped me at Jennie's place but their helper told me she is not around and on a business trip since yesterday. She told me that Liam is also not around and Jennie left him at my parents' house.

I don't know why my heart kept pumping fast. I was so excited to see her but she's not around.

When we arrived at my parents' place, Jisoo decided to stay while Hanbin has to go to the hospital because his father has been confined already for a few days.

As we knocked on the door, my Mom was surprised seeing me. Jisoo told me a while ago that everybody thought I am missing and probably dead already. No one has been informed that I was in North Korea. Even my family since it was a confidential mission.

Mom hugged me and shed some tears. My Dad was speechless and couldn't move seeing me.

I entered the house and a saw a little boy playing his small cars in the living room.

God. Liam knows how to walk already. I rushed towards him and the moment i touched him, i didn't hesitate to hug my son tight.

But he cried.

Fuck.

My son couldn't recognize me? Didn't Jennie show my pictures to him as he grows up?
Fuck.

I asked my mom but she told me Jennie and I should talk.

It's getting late and Liam was on his bed already. After I told Mom and Dad everything, they also decided to take a rest. They couldn't believe I was in North Korea.

Jisoo and I grabbed some rhum and beers from my Dad's collection and sat on the veranda.

"Lis, how did you---I mean, where did you get that bravery and went to the North and stayed there for almost a year? You even led a war." Jisoo said with her face still not believing.

I smirked.
"It was not my decision. The Presidents. I discovered an aircraft above their vicinity and I confirmed woth Japan and there..." I said.

"So, how was your stay in the North?" She asked.

"Fine. Well, the war was not, but the people were. I mean, they are actually nicer than the people here. I don't know how I managed to live in the North. Maybe I am just lucky. But.... I am missing Jennie everyday. How is she?" I asked.

Jisoo is quiet for a while. She drank two glasses of rhum and a bottle of beer before she started to speak again. I am starting to get curious.

"Lis, i----i think..you and Jennie should really talk." She said.

"Was she so worried when I was gone?" I asked.

"Not only worried. She almost lost herself. She's going insane. Ugh. Good thing Rosie always checked on her. You know, my wife is an expert handling the brain. But emotionally, Jennie was too weak." She explained.

I took a deep breath.

"Is she still expecting me to come back?" I asked.

Jisoo looked at me straight in the eyes.
She didn't answer my question.

"You have a flight to Malibu the day after tomorrow. You'll be training your officials there since the camp is going to be near the beach. I was informed you'll be the one flying the air craft. Welcome Chief Marshall Manoban. Please don't miss being the Captin in the North and don't ever leave us again." Jisoo said and hugged me. I just laughed at her.