Part 9: A Little Closer

Song: "Boom" By NCT Dream

Seokjin was anxiously tapping his finger on the wooden table as he was deep on the thoughts.

Last meeting, he hired a personal detective to find Jimin. He still didn't forgive him. Of course. But, how can he completely forget the other? He was his dongsaeng. He was his hyung after all. Fans called him, 'the mother of the group' and as the so called mother of the group, he was bound toncare for youngers... Especially the most adorable one. At least that's what they use to think about him. But not anymore.

But something in his heart called him and so he was here.. Waiting for the detective who would give him some hope that he has found Jimin. Because Police have almost given up. But just for the company's sake the search is still going on. But not thoroughly like before. It's almost like have become a ghost.

But he would find him. Even though he had to face every member's objection. He would definitely find him. Then he would personally interrogate him and make him to pay the price for what he has done.

He was so engulfed in his thoughts. His train of thoughts broke when the door clicked open and a detective with straight face came in and sat in front of him.

________________________

Taehyung was getting ready to go out. He put on his black shrug and a mask to cover his face to complete the look. He was checking himself in the mirror when Jungkook broke in his room.

"Taetae hyung... Where are you going?"

"To the company. I have to pick up something from there.", Tae replied with bad smile.

"Can I tag along?", Jungkook asked unsurely. He always seemed to seek comfort with the older. He had become even more attached to Taehyung after that incident. Jimin was his crush. But now he had change of his mind. He was more attracted to Taehyung. And older was really there for him.

But it's not like he had forgotten Jimin. Still the hatred and rage was so much to mask the little bit of affection that was left. It was on a thin string that Jungkook would broke every bit of affection with Jimin.

"Sure. Why not? Get ready."

Jungkook gave him his adorable bunny smile and ran away.

__________________________

After Taehyung's work was done they were headed towards the parking lot.
While going they stopped by the audition halls to peek inside.

Yeah. It was the audition day. They were taking new trainees. It brought a lot of memories for both of them. They just looked at each other.

Taehyung just silently said,
"Let's go in."

Without making sound or attracting anyone's attention they headed inside and occupied the seats that were on back side.

They were admiring the new aspiring talents and recalling their old days. When they all were just dreaming boys and were looking forward to the future. They all worked hard to gain what they have today. Until one day someone decided to ruin all of it. None other than his best friend, 'Soulmate'. He tried so hard to convince himself that his best friend might not have done all this but prrofs said otherwise. Taehyung was buried deep in thoughts.

Jungkook was just staring at Taehyung's beautiful face and was taking in all his beautiful features. While Taehyung caught him and Jungkook just became all flustered. A light pink blush crept on his flushed face. And he looked down.

Taehyung just chuckled lightly and slowly held his hand which was on his lap. Jungkook became more flustered when Taehyung leaned in and placed a quick peck on his now pink cheek.

The auditions were still going on. Many teen were coming and trying hard to impress the coaches. They all were looking so tensed. Until one girl in her late teens came. She didn't show even an ounce of tension on her face.

She was a bit laid back or more like... bored. Kim JiHyun she introduced with a bored expression and took the position.
'She is arrogant', Tae and Kook thought.

When the music started she let her body fell. (A/N: Listen to the song recommended above.) And gazed at the audience. More like pierced her gaze through the audience. She was so fierce but so smooth at the same time. She gave off the aura that no one could take her down. She almost felt like.... Jimin.

Jimin would look like this every time he performed. So fierce but so smooth. Piercing gazes. Luscious moves. And she was beautiful too...

Jungkook and Taehyung just stared at her. When the music stopped they took a deep breath they didn't know they were holding in. She looked at the coaches who were really impressed at her performance. And gave her nod and said that she was selected as a trainee. Well that was obivious.

But she looked at the coaches before bowing and said, "Sorry Sir, I'm not interested."

Well that was unexpected. Jungkook and Taehyung looked at her in disbelief. Before anyone could argue more, she picked her bag strolled towards the exit.
They both came outside to stop her.

"Wait!", Jungkook called her. She stopped in her tracks and turned around.

"Yes?", she asked. Jungkook removed his masked followed by Taehyung and faced her. But she didn't looked surprised at all. She was calm. Maybe it was her normal behavior.

"Why you rejected the offer to be trainee?"

"Because I didn't want to.", she said calmly.

"So why you auditioned?", Taehyung asked.

"Just for my practice.", she seemed even bored now.

"But you could practice even after becoming a trainee. Or so you can be guided by professionals.", Jungkook reasoned. He was still amused by the fact that this girl was not hyper activated by seeing them and was calm all along. Or more like not even interested in them.

"Sorry. But nope.", she turned to head out.

"Do even know who we are? We never personally ask anyone to join like this.."

She turned back, "I never asked you to ask me." Oh, that sassy attitude. Just like Jimin.

"You know, you remind me of someone..", Jungkook chuckled drily.
"You are just like Jimin hyung.", he spat unknowingly not able to control.

"Well thanks.", she gave a straight face. And turned once again to leave.

"That wasn't a compliment, girl!", Taehyung said.

"Being like Park Jimin isn't an insult either. And I don't take insults. So good for you. Adios.", She walked off with an attitude. Taehyung and Jungkook just stared at her back.

______________________

Seokjin was waiting in front of the door in the dilemma if he should knock or not.
After so much fiddling around he finally rang the bell.

After some time a familiar male opened the door. A little surprised to see Seokjin but soon calmed down.

"Can I come in Taemin-ssi?"

_______________________

Ayyo beautiful Saramis,
It's me. Pabo author nim. Well well. Things going to be interesting. So hol' up and fasten your seat belts. (I'm over dramatic. Sorry, not sorry)

I purple you.💜