Part 35: Confront

Song: "Under my Skin" By Taemin

"So you knew?"

"No. Not at first. Until 2 months ago..."

"2 months are not less Hyung.", Jungkook almost screamed. "You kept this from me.. From all of us."

"Because it was for the best."

"Best? Do you think we wouldn't have understood if you had told us?"

"I said it was for the best. Because the more people know, less the chances of catching the real criminal..", Taehyung said calmly.

"What?"

"See Kook.. I have been told that the mole is inside our company. So we can't let anyone know all of this..."

"So, you're saying you're doubting us?", Jungkook exclaimed in disbelief.

"No Kook... You're taking it wrong way and proving I was write about keeping it from you.", Taehyung said annoyed.

"Ok.. I'm sorry. Now please enlighten me about what do you know?"

He knew he needed to tell Jungkook now that he knows almost everything. Taehyung sighed and looked at him before speaking.

"I was here a bit longer when you all returned to Seoul that day. The day I saw Taemin sunbae here.", Jungkook was listening intently.

"I was so furious as to why Taemin sunbae lied about not knowing whereabouts of Jimin so when I returned to Seoul I decided to confront him. But he wasn't there at the dorm so Minho sunbae told me all the things on condition that I will keep my mouth shut."

"What does he think he is? He is our member...", Jungkook snarled.

"Kook, that's why I wasn't telling you. You're acting like fuckin immature person. Don't forget that we were the one to push Jimin away from us.", Taehyung told in sharp tone. His voice even deeper than usual.

"I'm sorry. Just continue.", Jungkook said looking slight apologetic.

"He told me when Taemin received Jimin's message they immediately started searching for him. Then they came across Jihyun as she had Jimin's phone. She said she found it on Hanyang bridge that night. She also helped them to find him. When he was found in that warehouse— in— in that condition—", Taehyung was choking while talking about it. But continued nonetheless.

"It was not just Jihyun who saved him. Taemin was there too as Jihyun called him for back up so they found Jimin that night. And Jihyun killed one of the goons in process but it was covered with the help of Taemin's detective friend. They kept Jimin in their dorm for few days but it was hard because Jimin's phobia was getting worse. He just use to respond to only Taemin and Jihyun. So they had to send him here with Jihyun as she was the only one they could rely on."

Jungkook was silent all along along taking all the information in.

"They erased all the cctv records of Jimin jumping in the water and further records of him just for his sake so they could keep him hidden. That detective told Taemin that someone wants to ruin whole BTS and maybe the mole is within the company. Maybe they can come after Jimin if they knew he is alive. That's why... They kept him hidden all along."

"But we are also investigating hyung.. Why are you relying on what he said??", Jungkook said.

"But our investigators couldn't even locate Jimin's last location... That means someone is interfering in the whole investigation. That person wanted to show that Jimin ran away after this and so gained our hatred."