Part 10: Groupmate

Song: "Goodbye" By Taemin

"That girl was really something else.", Jungkook huffed while sitting in the passenger seat.

"I know right. Her attitude really gave off that Jimin vibe. Even her way of talking.", Taehyung replied staring at the steering wheel.

"Oh hyung, please. Don't start on that Jimin now. One Jimin is enough for this world.", Jungkook crossed his arms. Taehyung looked at him and chuckled lowly.

"Arrasseo my hwangeum maknae.", Tae replied while ruffling Jungkook's hair. Jungkook just pouted and he found it cute.

"But really hyung.. Was it worth it? All the deeds that Jimin did?", Jungkook asked in a low tone while looking at his own lap.

"I don't know kook. I don't know. I don't even wanna think about that or him.", Taehyung huffed and started the engine to head back to the dorms. While Jungkook just stared at his side of the face.

______________________

Jin was sitting in the living room in front of Taemin. All the other SHINee members were supposedly out which was good for them since they can talk comfortably in private.

Taemin had offered Jin drink or some snacks once out of formality and Jin kindly denied it. It was getting awkward also. Here, like just sitting. He understood he should get to the point before it can become more awkward. So he started.

"Um, Taemin ssi.. I'm sorry I showed up so suddenly like this. I know it's making you unc—", Jin said sounding apologetic. But Taemin cut him in that.

"Don't worry Seokjin ssi. I was free anyway. It's just that I wasn't expecting any visitor.", Taemin smiled a little assuring.

"Anyway sorry for that.. But really wanted to talk to you."

"What is it you want to talk to me about?", Taemin said laying back on the couch.

"I wanted ro ask about Jimin..", Jin looked at Taemin. The other was obviously surprised but still managed his composure.

"What about him?", he asked calmly.

"I wanted to ask if you happen to know where is he—", Taemin cut him off again. Jin really disliked whoever cut him while talking.

"What makes you think that I would know where is he Seokjin ssi?", Taemin huffed.

"I just wanted to enquire if you happen to know... Because you were the last one whom he texted that night before his phone lost the signals Taemin ssi...", Jin implied.

That day was still as clear as daylight in Taemin head. How could he even forget?

Flashback :

Taemin was walking in living anxiously. Phone never leaving his ear. But no one actually was on the other side. He was trying to reach the person but that person never picking up his even a single call. Television was flashing the news channel. And the newses were blowing up with a single news again and again.

Park Jimin. The traitor who betrayed his own group. Taemin was tired of looking at it. He was continually calling Jimin but no use. He was not picking up. He sent few text in hopes he would reply. But they went unnoticed.

He saw on TV how Jimin ran away from the stage while holding his sobs. And no one stopped him. Freaking no one!

After almost half an hour, his messages went on seen. He was anxiously staring at the mobile screen. After few moments a single text came..

'Goodbye'

Taemin's heart dropped at this. A memory of certain someone came crashing into his mind. He frantically called his hyung..

"Kibeom hyung!! Kibeom hyung!!"

Kibeom who was in the kitchen at that time came running towards the maknae who looked horrified at the moment. He shakily showed the message to him which Jimin sent him.

Kibeom slumped in front of him but composed himself before speaking.

"Don't cry Taemin ah... Just think of something... Yeah! Right!! Call your friend...", Taemin quizzically looked at him.

"Your friend Taemin ah... That detective.."

"Yeah.. Taejoon!!", Taemin realised and started dialing his friends number.

After that they found that Jimin phone was on the bridge which was picked up by some girl and she kept it for herself. 

Taemin met that girl and ahe identified her name as Kim Jihyun. She was absolutely not willing to help but after looking at Taemin's desperation to find the younger she told them she would help as much as possible.

They searched so thoroughly. Even a slightest clue. Mostly around the bridge.

After almost 10 days of searching, they were successful at finding him. But he was more like in worse condition than ever.

He had some conditions.... Nevermind!! The whole search party and investigation was obviously kept hidden. Whole Korea was finding him. But as a traitor. This was not the condition with them.

After that Taemin kept Jimin hidden in their own dorm for few days. His hyungs didn't mind at all. They all care for him. But it was nearly impossible to keep him like that without anyone finding out. So he took a decision.

He sent him away somewhere safe to assure his safety....

Flashback ends.

"No. I don't know.", Taemin replied calmly.
"But why are searching for him so suddenly and that too privately..?"

"Taemin ssi.. As you know he was our member... I still somehow care a little. Not much that I care but I want to meet him. And as responsibility of a groupmate I should look out for him too. Maybe he'll show up..."

Taemin chuckled at this drily.

"How wonderful that you remembered that he was your groupmate after almost 3 months, Seokjin ssi!!"

_________________________

Ayyo beautiful saramis,
Here's an update. Sooo Jimin finally entered the chat.. (Not really) But soon. What are your thoughts so far.. Let me know in the comments..

I purple you.💜