Chapter 13

I walked into the hospital wing. A big amount of beds gathered with petrified students laying on them.
-Where is Hermione?
-Over there.- Ron pointed at a small bed with white sheets.
-What happened to her?
-She's been petrified.- Harry and Ron sad in union.
-I know, you bloody idiots. The question is more of how did she get petrified?
-We don't know.
-Look at the thing she is holding. It seems like paper.
They carefully grabbed it trying not to break it.
-Well, we will read it in the common room, thank you- Harry turned around.
-You still don't trust me? After everything she had told you, you still don't trust me?
-Don't take it personal...We just don't know your intentions yet.
I left a small laugh out of my mouth, turned around and showed them my middle finger.
-Don't take it personal...We just don't know your intentions left. What an idiotic thing to say- I thought.

-Where were you?- Blaise, Theodore and Draco were standing in Slytherin's common room with their arms crossed and worried looks on their faces.
-Sorry, father.
-Where were you? We were worried.
-First I was with Oliver, they cancelled the Quidditch game. I suppose you already heard.
-Where were you after that?
-Granger's been petrified.
-Really?- Draco came closer to me with a smile on his face.
-Yes.
-Well, I've got stuff to do, I'll see you later.

----------------------------

We sat in the great hall, ate sausage, pumpkin juice and eggs. 
I soon saw Harry and Ron get in there, with rather odd looks in their faces. I knew they were worried about Hermione and were trying to find what happened to her.
-Excuse me.
-Where are you going?- Draco and the boys raised an eyebrow.
-I will be back in less than five minutes.
I got to Gryffindor's table. Harry and Ron gave me a confused look.
-It was a basilic.
-What?
-A basilic petrified her.
-How do you know that?- Ron asked.
-I told you. I know a lot about the chamber of secrets...It was a basilic.
-Weren't you the one who opened it? After all?
-I wouldn't be helping you if I did.- I rolled my eyes. -It was a basilic, she will be alright soon. Just read the paper she had in her hands.
I turned around, and left. I noticed that Harry wanted to say something but I ignored him.
-What was that about?- Draco asked.
-They still think I opened the chamber.
-And?
-I don't know. I mean, I don't want mudbloods here...
-Granger is one and she is your friend.
-She is the only exception. But, I mean you heard Snape nights ago, curfew is earlier and everything, I mean I don't like that.
-What are you proposing?- Blaise asked already scared for what I was going to answer.
-I know how to open the chamber, and how hard is it to kill a basilic?
-I am down, the ladies like heroes, don't they?- Theodore had a serious expression on his face. I just laughed at his question.
-Theodore is down. Who else?
-We are not going there- Daphne said pointing Pansy and her. I didn't expect them to go, they would just be asking questions the whole time. I loved them, but they weren't the best for this kind of stuff.
-I will go.- Draco fixed his hair.
-You are just going because you are her bootlicker.- Blaise rolled his eyes.
-Say that one more time and I promise you that I will hex you.- He stood up annoyed.
-Well. Draco and Theodore are coming...Blaise?- I gave him puppy eyes.
-I hate you.
-Ok, next week, alright?
-Alright.
-Anyway, how is it going with Wood?- Theodore asked.
I could feel the tension increase, Draco's eyes were wide open and penetrating me expecting an specific answer. Blaise looked at me as well and then at Draco showing how amused he was by the scene. I could see in Theodore's face that he got what he wanted, he meant to create the tension and to make Draco and I uncomfortable. I gave him a dirty side look.
-How dare he.- I thought.
Whatever I answered would define if Draco actually liked me or if he didn't. Pansy and Daphne, knew that as well. They gave me a look. -Good- They mouthed me. I looked away from them and looked back at Theodore. The scene only lasted thirty seconds, but it felt like an eternity.
-Exceptional.- I smiled.
-Marvelous. - Draco smiled and went back to his food.
I smiled and stood up, the girls followed me to a bench near the potions classroom.
-There is your answer, he does not fancy me.
-How do you know that?
-Well, he was supposed to roll his eyes or give me one of his weird responds. Did he do that?
-Y/n...
-Daphne, I know you think that everyone should be happy and in love and that Draco and I are meant to be, but he does not care.
-She is right, D, sorry.
-Maybe I heard something that you did not and I am not allowed to say. I am not sure yet, but don't stop hoping.- Daphne winked an eye and left.
-What was that about?
-I will never get that girl.
-What do you think is the thing she "knows"?
-I don't know. Maybe she actually does know something. Who knows.
-Alright, whatever you say.