Chapter 41.

Draco's POV:

She left the astronomy tower, I couldn't find the words to explain to her what was going on in my life. I broke up with her because I knew that I wouldn't pay that much attention to her, that my task would scare her and that she would get upset about my constant absence, but I did exactly that when I broke up with her.

------

I walked in the empty corridors, went to the room of requirement again and took the old blanket off the vanishing cabinet.
I opened one of its doors and placed a green apple, I closed the door, closed my eyes and said the words I was supposed to, to create the passage. -Harmonia Nectere Passus.
I opened the door, and noticed that the apple was no longer there, I closed it again and repeated. -Harmonia Nectere Passus. Harmonia Nectere Passus.- I opened the door, the apple was back, but this time it had a big bite on it. It would soon be time for them to come in.

I walked back to the common room, I wanted to talk to Blaise and Theodore about what happened tonight with Y/n, they knew my secret and never told her, but I needed advice even if they were awful at it.
As soon as I got close to Blaise's room, I heard people laughing, I knew who those laughs belonged to, Y/n, Blaise and Theodore. They were too loud.
I then went back to my room and changed into something else, I was just waiting for Y/n to leave the room.
When I went back to Blaise's, the laughs were already gone, it was quiet. I knocked, but no one opened the door, I knocked again, still no answer. I placed my hand in the handle and turned it slowly trying to not make that much noise, I walked into the room and saw Y/n, Theodore and Blaise sleeping together, they were like a big tower, their bodies were kind of tangling, they were having a good sleep from my point of view.

Y/n's POV:

I woke up next day with my body tangled with Blaise's and Theodore's. I had Blaise's arm across my face, Theodore's leg between my legs and my arms were holding theirs.
I stood up and woke  them as well, we changed into our uniforms and went to the classes we were supposed to.

---

I got ready for Slughorn's party, Daphne and Pansy helped me and soon, I was ready to go.
-Are you sure that you are alright with me going with Theodore?- I asked Pansy.
-Yes, it's alright, calm down.
I smiled and walked away. 
Soon we arrived at the party. Slughorn greeted us and some people gave us some food for us to enjoy. I chatted for a while with some people in the party.
I found Cormac and proceeded to talk to him to find out wo his mystery date was. -McLaggen! Who's the mystery lady you brought?
-Granger, but I can't find her, she left me under the mistletoe.
I let a small laugh. -She left you under the mistletoe? And Granger? 
-Yes, yes, ha ha.- He said sarcastically. -Do you know where she is?
-No, haven't seen her.
-Alright.- He kissed my cheek and walked away.
I went back to where my friends were and chatted for a while.

The party was soon interrupted by Filch bringing someone in. The person was wearing a black suit, I knew who it belonged to. I could see Draco's scared and disgusted face as the man was bringing him to the middle of the party.
-Take your hands off me, you filthy Squib!
-Professor Slughorn. I just discovered this boy lurking in a upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party.
-Okay, okay. I was gatecrashing, happy?
I was behind him with Blaise, Theodore and Daphne, I had a worried look on my face. I knew something was wrong with Draco but he wouldn't tell me what.
Theodore placed his arm on my arm  and softly rubbed it.

Draco's POV:

Professor Snape came closer to me. I could see Y/n's worried look on her face, it hurt me that she had to see me like that. I did exactly what I was trying to avoid to her.
-I'll escort him out.- Professor Snape said with his monotone tone.
I moved my shoulder so Filch would stop touching me. I had to do something but Snape of course had to come in.
I looked up to his eyes, I felt a disgusted look form in my face.
-Certainly, professor.- I whispered the last part and walked out, I saw Blaise, Theodore, Daphne and Y/n in the entrance. Y/n seemed to be really friendly with Theodore, that upset me.

Y/n's POV:

-Alright everyone. Carry on.- Slughorn said.
I saw Potter going out of the room, I knew he was going to follow professor Snape and Draco, I had to stop him, to protect Draco.
-Come on.- I grabbed Blaise's and Theodore's arm, Daphne came as well. I started rushing to where Potter was going.
-Where are you taking us?- Daphne asked.
-Potter is following Draco, just come with me.

Draco's POV:

I walked with Snape into the empty corridors, where no one could hear our conversation.
-Maybe I did hex that Bell girl. Maybe I didn't. What's it to you?
He then threw me to the wall, I could tell that he was upset. -I swore to protect you. I made the Unbreakable vow.
Those words got me upset, the dark lord chose me, out of everyone he chose me, I am not a child, I don't need anyone to protect me.
-I don't need protection.- I replied -I was chosen for this. Out of all others. Me. And I won't fail him.
-You're afraid, Draco. You attempt to conceal it, but it's obvious. Let me assist you.
-No! I was chosen. This is my moment.
I then heard something fall down in the other side of the corridor. Snape let go of me and went check, I did as well.
I then saw Potter in the floor, Y/n with her wand pointed at him, and Theodore, Blaise and Daphne behind her. As soon as they heard us walk in there, they raised their faces and looked at us.

Y/n's POV:

-Petrificus Totalus!- I pointed my wand. Soon Potter fell.
-What did you do?- Theodore said.
-Just take him away so he can't hear anything else.
Soon I heard two people get near us, I raised my face to have a proper look at them. Malfoy and Professor Snape were there with confused looks on their faces.
-Miss Slytherin, please come to my office.
Draco went to where Blaise, Theodore and Daphne were, behind me. I smiled at them and walked with professor Snape to his office.
-Please take a seat.
I did as he said.
-What was that about?- Snape asked with his classic tone.
-He was eavesdropping on you and Draco. I know that Draco is hiding something.
-Aham.
-I couldn't let Potter hear, he would start following Draco more than he does already and accusing him of things.
-Even when he is your boyfriend you can't petrify him, Dumbledore would be upset and take points away from Slytherin or expel you perhaps.
-He is not my boyfriend.
-Maybe you should think more about that, know it deeply.
-What?
-Only love makes you go that mad, Miss Slytherin.
I looked down at the floor and realized that he was right, I should accept that we were not together anymore and that he was over me already. 
-I once knew a person who loved someone more than anything, he would give anything for her, even after she chose another man, he loved her and took care of the only think she had left after she died.- He continued. I smiled at the story and stood up.
-Thank you professor.
He then hugged me and walked away.