Chapter 28.

Draco had been trying to apologize for months, he was trying to convince me to forgive him and maybe try something. I didn't have time for that, I was determined for helping Potter to win and grab the cup, it was a portkey that would take him to the Dark lord's grave. I wasn't doing this for my parents, I was doing this for the Dark Lord and for the rest of Death Eaters. It sounds bad, they were bad people but in the end I was raised by them, a lot of them were always there for me and helped me, I had to be loyal.

The last task was today, everything was going perfect, I went around the maze perfectly and Harry seemed to be doing as well. When I got to him, Cedric was ahead of him, they were hitting each other. I slowly got closer to the plants behind them and made them get Cedric, I kept running with Harry.
-Leave him there, let's go!- He didn't obey, who does he think he is? And turned around, he helped him. Cedric told him that he should grab it first. They discussed about who should grab it first for a while.
-I've got no time for this, one of you, grab it!- They said as I did and grabbed it at the same time. We got to the graveyard. Wormtail was holding the Dark lord and taking him closer to where we were.
-Who are you?- Cedric pointed his wand at him.
-Kill him.- The dark lord said. Wormtail grabbed his wand -Avada Kadavra.- And killed Cedric, Harry had tears on his eyes. Wormtail then proceeded to put him in a statue, I could see how hurt Harry was. Wormtail placed Voldemort in a mixing pot and then Harry's blood, his hand and some other things.
The dark lord soon became big and some Death Eaters appeared as well. There were Crabbe and Goyle's parents, Lucius was there and some others. The dark lord gave Lucius some speech about signs, to which Lucius replied he didn't know. Harry kept fighting and finally they let him go, he fought Voldemort, but the Dark Lord told us to stand back, I was just watching, since Harry couldn't know that I was a death eater as well. Harry then walked to the portkey and grabbed me and Cedric.
We got back to Hogwarts, there was happy music. Cedric was laying in the floor. Then people realized it. -My boy! That is my boy!- I heard Cedric's father say. My hear shattered, I wasn't feeling bad before, but then I saw his father cry for him, it felt bad, he lost his son and he actually loved him. My parents wouldn't care, it was unfair, he died but his parents loved him, and I am here, alive, let someone be killed so I can get my awful parents out of Azkaban.
-I am sorry Mr. Diggory.- I side hugged him and then walked to my room. I was going mad, I cried and threw everything I could find around the room. The boys soon walked in, the girls were still there crying. Theodore, Draco and Blaise sat on my bed and saw me go mad, when I calmed down they proceeded to talk.
-Are you alright? Why are you breaking things?
-What happened?
-This is my fault.
-It's not, you were there, but it's not your fault.
-No, I mean it, in a way it actually was.- They looked confused at each other. -You have to swear that you won't tell anyone about what I am going to show you.- They simply nodded. I slowly put my sleeve up, revealing my mark. They stared at it for a couple of minutes, I didn't know what reaction I was expecting from them, I didn't want to lose them because of it.
They smiled and hugged me. -It's going to be alright.

Next day, was Cedric's funeral, we all went there to pay our respects, I didn't hear anything Dumbledore said, the scene just kept repeating on my mind. How wormtail killed Cedric Diggory and I did nothing.
Soon was time to go back home, my father would be already out from Azkaban which wasn't the best thing for me. It was going to be a really hard summer and I still hadn't fixed things with Draco.