Chapter 30

When we got to the great hall, Dumbledore gave his classic speech and told us about our new professor, Dolores Umbridge, who as well gave a speech. I knew about her, daddy told me about her before since her from the ministry. That, was quite helpful since I couldn't get detention with her, and if she gave me, daddy would hear about it, and wouldn't be too pleased.

I sat at the end of the classroom next to Draco, we were just chatting and a couple of girls from the front of the classroom made a paper bird that flew across the classroom, Crabbe being him, shot it with Merlin knows what, which made us all laugh. Soon the bird was on fire, and landed on the girls from before desks.
We turned around to see Umbridge just holding her wand. -Good morning children.- She then proceeded to walk to the front of the classroom. -Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations. More commonly known as OWL's. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences be severe.- She then smiled and pointed her wand at a pile of books in her desk, making them each go to a table. -Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know from now on, you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic.
-We really are fucked up now.- I said to Draco, who just laughed.
Hermione, then raised her hand, I suppose for asking a question about the childish looking books. -Yes?- Umbridge said.
-There's nothing in here about using defensive spells.
-Using spells?- Umbridge chuckled. -I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom. 
The boys looked back at me and raised an eyebrow, they thought it had to do with Dumbledore's return. I laughed, which made them understand that it didn't mean anything.
-And I thought that Dumbledore was already mad when selecting teachers.- The boys turned around and laughed at my comment.
-You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way.
-Well, what use is that?- Harry asked her. -If we are going to be attacked, it won't be risk-free.
-Here we go again.- Draco whispered to me, I smiled and nodded.
-Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class. It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations, which, after all, is what school is all about.
I raised my hand, but before she could let me speak I started. -Actually, no, daddy thinks that not using magic for Defence Against the Dark Arts is completely absurd.
-Alright, and who might that be, darling?- Everyone turned around to look at me, my friends just smiled and nodded.
-That, Dolores, might be the boss of your boss, he is, after Cornelius, of course, the most important person on the ministry...
Harry then interrupted me and kept talking. -And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?
-There's nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine would want to attack children, like yourself?
-Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort.
-Why don't you keep your mouth shut, Potter.- Theodore said and then looked at me, my friends knew that it would lead to a conversation that I wouldn't be able to properly have.
-Now let me make this...quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This...is...a...lie.
-It's not a lie. I saw him! I fought him! Y/n saw  him too.- The class turned to look at me after what Harry said. My friends nodded to me, telling me that I needed to respond. -I-I-I don't know what you're talking about Harry. Did you have a proper eight hours of sleep last night? You might be going mad.
-Detention, Mr. Potter!- Dolores shouted looking at Harry.
-So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord?
-Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident.
-It was murder--Voldemort killed him! You must know that!
-Enough! See me later, Mr. Potter, my office.-She giggled. 
Soon, the class was over. Me and the boys, had free period, so we went back to the common room.
-Potter's gone mental.- Blaise said as we sat down.
-I mean, he was not wrong. The dark lord killed Cedric but he is questioning the ministry.
-Draco, wasn't your father a friend of Cornelius Fudge?
-Yes, he hasn't told me anything about Dolores.

---------------------------------

-I need to speak to Potter. Are you coming?- They nodded and went with me looking for him.
-Potter!- Draco yelled and we all gave him that classic smirk. -Not now Malfoy, and Slytherin, I don't know where Hermione is.
-Actually, I wanted to have a word, with you.
-Alright, what?-  I grabbed his sleeve and took him farther from the boys so they couldn't hear.
-What is that on your hand?
-Nothing.
-No, really, Potter.
-Your friend Dolores, gave it to me.
-What?
-Detention, remember?
-Actually, that is what I wanted to talk about... Look, I am sorry mate. I couldn't argue against her, it's just...Nothing, I am just sorry.- I then walked away and headed to the common room again with the boys.