Lies

I hope you have a good day!!

Ezekiel's POV:

"I must say I expect him to whore around, but I never expected him to have sex with a person of such a high status," Eiko said while he looked through the papers that he had put down.

"I never expected for him to be the son of a person with a high status either. I mean he lives in an apartment, hangs out with a stray dog, and has the shittiest attitude." I replied.

Why was he living in such a cheap-looking apartment if his father had so much money? "By stray dog are you referring to the boy named James?" Eiko looked at me from the papers, seems like James and Enzo have been friends for a long time.

"Yes, but I'm not here to talk about him. I'm here to talk about Enzo. My two assistants have become very interested in him. I'm just a little curious about the scars." I grabbed the cup of tea and smelled it, it smelled awful.

I'm not the type to drink tea, so I put it down and slide it away from me. "That poor boy has had so many things happen to him," Eiko said in a softer voice. He grabbed a piece of paper from the pack I handed him.

It was the paper of Enzo's mother. The only information on it was her photo, the age she died, how she died, and who she married. Along with her family members.

It said that she died of a heart attack.

"When he was in middle school he found his pet decapitated in his room. Shortly after his mother had a heart attack. He became depressed and skipped school for many weeks. I was swamped with work at the time, I was even taking care of Yuki, his little brother." He looked at me with eyes of hate. I listened closely to the heartbeats in the room.

Why was his pet decapitated in his room?

Eiko's heart remained calm and in control, the butler's heartbeat, on the other hand, was very fast. It sounded like he had run a marathon, he looked calm though.

His explanation of Enzo also had holes in it. Eiko obviously had assistants of maids and butlers, so couldn't they have helped him?

"You have money, and looks like you have maid and butler's to assist you. So couldn't you have just had someone take care of Yuki or Enzo?" I put the papers down.

"I'd prefer you call him by his real name, Taiyo. Enzo is just a name he made up. As for the assistants, you must understand that the loss of my wife was hurtful for me too. I didn't want anyone near me, that included the maids and butlers." I listened to the sounds of the heartbeats again, Eiko's was still calm but the butler's became faster.

"Taiyo locked himself in his room. Seems like he blamed himself for his mother's death and punished himself." Eiko finished saying before he looked at the clock. Again this explanation had holes in it, a heart attacked isn't something to blame on another person, so what really happened?

Was the mother's death made up? Or was Enzo blaming himself made up?

"I would love to talk to you more, but I have a crucial meeting to get to. I hope you have a good day." The butler put Eiko's coat on and he left. The butler bowed his head to me, "Young master Taiyo, is he doing alright?" He asked. It was strange that the butler would ask me that but not his own father.

"Who are you to be asking me that?" I got out of my chair and walked to him. "My name is Luke, I was..........part of Enzo's childhood." He said.

"He's fine," I said while I listened to his heart, it seems to calm down a bit but it was still fast.

"That's good. I must get going, I need to assist Master Eiko." The butler bowed once again and left.

Maybe I could find the truth about Enzo from the butler or James. Enzo doesn't seem like the type to share his past.

::::::::::

Thank you for reading! Sorry if this chapter seems a little boring. 😔

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment about your thoughts