*Scale | Levi x (Self Conscious) Reader*

Prompt- Reader is insecure about their body's looks and weight

⚠️TW⚠️
EATING DISORDER AND INSECURITIES 

Tears welled up in your eyes. You couldn't even see the number on the scale at that point but it didn't matter. You hadn't changed. You had avoided eating. A single meal a day was what kept you afloat aside from gum to quench the hunger. Yet, despite your efforts, you were still the same. You stepped off of the scale. Tears overflowed and started to pour down your cheeks in an ungraceful manner. One look in the mirror was all it took for you to make a decision.

Dinner was now out of the question too.

Later that day, Levi returned home from the Corps headquarters. You had prepared his favorite as well as set tea for his dinner. He sat down and ate immediately, hungry from a long days work. You, on the other hand, turned and started to walk towards your living room, interested in a book you had been reading.

"Honey?" Levi called.

He noticed that you didn't sit with him, he became concerned immediately. You responded with a loud hum, questioning what was wrong.

"Where's your dinner?" He asked.

"Oh, I already ate!" you called back, lying through your teeth. The first lie of many.

Levi let it go. Not too worried anymore. Still, something was off, and it nagged at him. Shrugging it off, he ate his dinner and the evening continued.

The same process repeated for another week. Levi grew suspicious, he knew you were hiding something.

Levi took off early. His mind had been distracted all day trying to figure out the reason for your strange behavior.

You tried again on the scale. 3 lbs. You had only lost that much in a week. You were ashamed. Why couldn't you just get smaller? Again like last week, tears poured down your face as you stood in front of the mirror in nothing but your undergarments. Your eyes couldn't see anything but imperfections.

Pudge here.
Stretch marks there.
Fat layered in places.
Curves in undesirable places.
Cheeks that look swollen.
Thick legs.
Covered collarbones.

All the traits you didn't want. You pulled and pushed at these places, hoping to catch a glimpse as to what you would look like without them. The entire time tears flowed relentlessly.

Levi opened the front door and shut it, not trying to be silent but used to being quiet. He glanced in the living room and kitchen as he made his way down the hall. The bathroom door was closed and the light was off so he didn't bother looking, realizing that you probably weren't in there. As his hand went to touch the door he froze, hearing one of the most heartbreaking sounds imaginable to him.

Your sobs and sniffles broke his heart. He ever so slightly pushed the door, enough to peek in and assess the situation. His heart broke at what he saw, plummeting to his stomach. You stood in front of the mirror criticizing and scrutinizing yourself.

"Baby?" His voice was light, practically airy, and sad. Just above a whisper.

Your head whipped up to meet his eyes as your arms stopped their war on your shape and instead moved to cover yourself as best as possible.

You could barely stand to look at yourself, Levi was probably ashamed to even be associated with you. He stepped into the room, his eyes never leaving your watery ones.

"...What are you doing?" He refused to believe what he saw.

He refused to believe that your body had changed without him noticing. His eyes glazed over the collar bones that he found more visible than usual. He saw the way your stomach appeared slightly deflated. That your cheeks looked more hollow and how goosebumps covered your arms as well as the rest of your body.

"Y-your home early." You stuttered, trying to smile.

Your mind rushed to find ways to play it off but nothing you came up with seemed convincing.

"Y/n, I need you to be honest, what did you eat for breakfast?"

Your mind drew a blank. You hadn't eaten breakfast. And Levi came home late the past two days after you were asleep, making him eat dinner alone and allowing your starvation to continue.

"Toast with a banana. Why?" You answered cheerfully. 

You came up with the best answer possible.

His eyes saddened, "We're out of bread Y/n. We have been for the past three days," he said slowly, the realization hitting him like a train. "What were you doing?"

"I-I was-" you couldn't come up with an answer.

Silence struck for a very long moment.

Levi nodded slightly in understanding. He approached you from behind as you turned away from him, unable to meet his sad gaze any longer. He wrapped his arms around your waist, laying his hands over yours on your stomach and turning you to face the mirror.

"You seen this cellulite? It keeps you healthy. It keeps you alive. See these stretch marks here? They allow the cellulite to grow. They're soft and gorgeous. You see all these curves," his hands rubbed your waist and curves, "They give me so much to love, hold, and cherish. And you see these beautiful cheeks of yours," he moved his head, placing a gentle kiss on you right cheek, "I love when they blush over small things. They are so soft and are heaven to kiss. You see these legs, they hold you up and balance you out just right. You are so fucking perfect and beautiful. Please, don't hate on the body that I will worship till I die."

Tears welled up in your eyes, not truly believing what he was saying. His eyes still hungrily feasted on the sight of your body, drinking every drop like it was the last he would get.

"Come here," he said, not giving you time before he picked you up and wrapped your legs around his waist, pulling your bodies flushed together. "And don't even get me started on your lips," he said before connecting them with his.

The two of you kissed, fighting, and nipping each other lovingly. The two pushing and pulling, fighting for dominance gently while expressing their love. The battle slowly turned into a passionate dance, the two of you playing along and moving together in synch.

"I've been craving pasta recently. Let's go." Levi said when you pulled apart, not putting you down and walking out of the room, on his way to feed and care for the person he values most in the world. The love of his life.

From that day forward, he made sure to keep a close eye on you. If you drank water, making you rest if you were tired, and squashing any doubts you had. You were his forever and always, and he wouldn't have it any other way.

I love you