Nightmares

The night Alex stopped by seemed to be the worst.

After they made it through that night, she slept long though the next day. The exhaustion of throwing up twice every hour had taken its toll on her and when it stopped she was out. And that's how it was for the next three days.

Olivia didn't throw up nearly as much, or wake up sweating, or have the rage filled outbursts. Her demeanor softened as the days passed and Elliot didn't know if he liked that. She was quiet and would easily do what he said without putting up much of a fight. Whether it be telling her it was time to eat or having her take a shower to change the bandage wrapped around her. She just did as she was told and Elliot couldn't help but feel like he was, in a way, her new controller.

It was almost 2 am. They stayed up so they could watch a movie as she put it, but he knew it wasn't that. She wasn't paying attention to the movie.

As the withdrawal affects died down, the nightmares started back up. He would wake up to hear her breathing short and heavy, squinting her face in her sleep, and he'd try to soothe her.

They usually fell asleep facing eachother. The only thing touching would be their hands, so he would stroke the back of her hand with his thumb until she started breathing normal again. He knew she didn't want to sleep and confront her nightmares again, but she couldn't stay up all night either. 

"Liv, you ready for bed?" he asked for the third time that night.

"Is there another movie coming on?" she asked and Elliot shook his head. Only the news was on and some boring TV shows. "Oh."

"It's going to be okay." he looked at her caringly. "Before you know it the sun will be up."

"Okay." she whispered, giving in.

She followed him to the bedroom and got into bed right before he did. Watching as he closed the bedroom door and turned off the lights before getting into bed beside her.

Once again, their hands connected and held onto the other loosely. Just tight enough to know they were there, and she needed that reminder.

Just as every other night, he stroked her hand and watched her as she fought her sleep, but eventually lost and closed her eyes. Letting sleep take over.

Olivia was back in the attic. Not knowing how she got there, she felt a presence. When she turned around, Elliot was there. Begging her to hurry so they could leave. So he could help her escape. But she didn't move when she ran to him.

No matter how fast she ran, she didn't get any closer to Elliot. He remained the same distance away from her while her efforts to get to her were crushed in front of her eyes. The faster she ran the more frustrated she got.

Until she saw him come up behind Elliot. She tried to scream and yell and do anything to tell Elliot he needed to turn around, but he was so focused on her getting to him that he didn't see it coming. It was like she wasn't talking at all. She wasn't making a sound, and when she moved her hand over her face, she didn't feel her mouth. Her lips.

They were gone.

Ernesto stabbed him from the back at an angle, twisting the blade as Elliot gasped and fell to the floor. Ernesto smiled and looked at her.

"Look at what you did." he said referring to Elliot as he bled out before her glossy eyes.

Ernesto walked over Elliot's body like it was nothing and made his way to Olivia. She tried to fight him off, but she was nothing compared to him and he quickly had her pinned against the bed. Forcing her head to hang off the side so she could continue to watch Elliot die as he began to rape her. Pounding into her. Tearing her.