Charges

Olivia woke up to see the morning light shining through the window. Noah had woken her up only two hours ago and now she felt like she couldn't sleep any longer. Her body wouldn't let her.

Looking at the bed, Noah was sleeping peacefully. His chest and belly rising and falling with each breath he took. To her other side was Elliot, who was also asleep. Olivia knew that he stayed up much later than her and Noah in order to keep an eye on both of them, so he had to be exhausted. Not to mention that he was drugged with whatever Amanda put in his drink yesterday and barely had anytime to fully recover. After studying his face, Olivia looked up and saw Kat who was wide awake and flipping through the same magazine she had yesterday.

"Good morning." Kat smiled. "Want me to get anything for you?"

"No, I'm good. Has the nurse been in?"

"She was here awhile ago, so she should be coming back soon." Olivia nodded to Kat's answer and let the room fall silent before asking her next question.

"How long did he stay up?" Olivia asked while motioning towards Elliot.

"He wasn't up too late. You started making noises in your sleep so he stayed up longer to make sure you were okay."

"I didn't do that all night, did I?" Liv asked, slightly embarrassed at what she might've done or said in her sleep.

"No, you slept through the night pretty quiet after that. No worries." Kat lied.

The truth was, Olivia had whimpered a lot in her sleep. She stopped for maybe an hour after Elliot held her hand and reassured her she was safe. After that hour, which was after Elliot finally fell asleep, she was whimpering again. Turning her head to and fro every now and then, and switching which side she slept on. A couple of times Kat even thought she heard her whisper 'no' and 'please'.

Kat could tell Olivia was embarrassed about her possibly hearing anything she might've said in her sleep. There was no reason to be, Kat understood PTSD and the nightmares that came with it, but she didn't want to make her uncomfortable if she could prevent it. So she lied.

Kat tried to sleep for short periods at a time so she wouldn't miss anything. She didn't want to be in a deep sleep in case anything happened or someone who wasn't supposed to be there decided to pay them a visit. Luckily, nothing bad happened. Elliot slept. Noah slept. Olivia slept. All of them getting some rest- rest that they desperately needed.

The small knock at the door got both of their attention and withdrew them from their own personal thoughts.

"Good morning, Detective and Ms. Benson. How are you feeling today?" The nurse smiled and made her way to Noah.

"My sides hurt. Did the doctor say anything about medicine for the pain?"

"She did last night before she left. It's nothing too strong, just 800 mg of Ibpropheun, but it's better than Tylenol and Aleve. It should help lessen the pain." The nurse said and went to check the monitors that were connected to Noah.

"Is he okay?" Liv asked as she watched.

"He is. Young man is doing great and after checking in with the doctor, he should be able to be discharged today."

Olivia took a deep breath and stared at Noah as he slept peacefully. Not fully understanding the blessing he was to her and how worried she was about him. Even with their short time in knowing each other, the love between them was unbreakable. Liv knew she'd do anything for him, and if she had to testify against Amanda to keep him safe...she would.

•••

Fin walked out of the courthouse satisfied.

Amanda took the deal. Plead guilty and told the judge what she did. Because of that, the murder, and the planned out attack, the judge sentenced her to 20 years.