Happy

LIVS POV

Having Eli there really lifted my spirits. After playing with him he fell asleep in the floor. I went to pick him up, but Elliot stopped me. "You aren't supposed to be picking up anything heavy for one a couple more days Liv." I rolled my eyes jokingly because, in all honesty, I forgot I was ever shot in that moment. Everything was perfect. I was playing with someone who was like a son to me with my best friend by my side.

He put the sleeping boy in his bed and turned on the nightlight, closing the door behind me as we walked out. "You know you're a natural with kids." He laughed as he made his way to the living room.

"I've been told. Eli is really like a son to me though." I laughed back following him. We turned the tv on to some new series that seemed interesting. His head was resting on my shoulder, his hand resting on my knee.

It was only ten minutes into the movie when I heard his soft snores. He turned into my neck some more as his hand found its way around my waist. I flinched at the sudden pain, but relaxed as it went away when he loosened his grip. "Elliot. Come on we have to go to bed." I laughed. He shifted and pulled me closer to him

"I think this is fine." He breathed. "Elliot, if we go to bed we can lay together." His eyes popped open and grabbed my hand as he walked to the bedroom.

He pulled me into his chest and filled his face into my hair inhaling contently. I know that dealing with me and my recent problems had been and are taking a toll on him, but to see him so at peace makes me feel less guilty.

He began to snore again and I knew he was deep in sleep. "Okay," I whispered to myself while running my fingers through his hair "come on mind, or body. I dont know, but you can't ruin this. No flashbacks tonight." I curled up closer to him and closed my eyes hoping to fall into a deep sleep.

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed and the smell of food. I laid there for a couple more minutes just enjoying the peace I was in at the moment. I knew that this was what I wanted. I needed this. My time by myself ended as a curly headed little boy ran in and jumped on the bed beside me. He laid on top of me and rested his head on my chest giggling. "Livvie it's time to get up!" I saw Elliot walk in the room and lift the boy up into his arms "Be careful not to hurt her!" He smiled "Did you tell her we cooked." "Nooo you interrupted me!" It was cute to watch them.

They made pancakes, eggs, and bacon. My appetite was still kinda weak so I only ate one of each while they filled up on the rest. I sat there laughing along at their conversations and jokes.

"So, Eli, why don't you go get dressed. I bought some tickets for a baseball game today." He said to the cheesing little boy who ran off.

He turned to me "There's an extra one." He said waving it.

"I dont know, El, would I be able to handle it? And I don't want to intrude on your time with him." I said running my hand over my arm.

"Oh come on you don't believe that. Come with us. It'll be fun and if it gets to be a little too much we can leave or find a quiet spot." I nodded and went to get changed.

ELLIOTS POV

I watched her go in the room to change and waited patiently for her to finish so I could go change.

He knew she wasn't completely comfortable with her body and scars exposed. She walked out five minutes later still buttoning her shirt. She had just started wearing her clothes again. She was wearing jeans that hugged her body, but not too tightly, with a cami under her button up shirt.

"Is this too revealing?" She asked looking down at herself. "I laughed "Liv, nothings showing." And she gave me a little push as I made my way into the room.