Nurse

The sun came through the blinds and onto the floor. Beeping noises from the monitor filled the room. The Ventilator helping her breath was in the background.

When he opened his eyes Kelly was in the room. She was holding Olivia's arm in the light, examining it closely.

"Hey, Kelly, is something wrong?" He asked groggy

"No, I'm just trying to find a vein. All of hers seem to not be coming up, like they're collapsed.." she said setting the arm down and looking at the other "All of them in her arms are collapsed."

"Is that bad? They can heal right?" He asked standing up.

"Yes, they can. Unless extreme damage was done, but her body would still find ways to adapt by creating new blood vessels. Do you mind stepping over here?" She nodded to the far side of the room "Elliot, did they force her to use drugs? Her veins are collapsed and there are dark bruises covering her arms."

"We found syringes, but we don't know what was inside of them for sure. Or that they even used them on her."

"Elliot, I know this is hard. Everything about this, but trying to deny anything is not going to make it better." She sighed "Especially for her. And I know that her being put in a coma seems bad but look at it in a positive way. It gives you time to try to cope with this so you can be there for her. Whatever you're feeling? Imagine how she feels. Don't make her feel worse."

"I know, I know, but drugs? Rape? Did you even look at her face? I can't look longer than a glimpse. What did she do to deserve this?" His voice had unintentionally gotten louder as his eyes watered "What if she can't go back to work? Or even live the same? What if she's not even the same person?"

"Elliot, Elliot! Calm down. You can't go there. What if she recovers. What if she has the best support and is able to get through this? It goes both ways." She said getting a nod from him "Now, you have a chance to get your mind together before she wakes up. The minimum is a week that she'll be sleep. And between now and then you have to talk to her. Let her know it's okay."

"And she can hear me?" He questioned.

"She can. Her brain works she just doesn't know what's going on. Her body won't respond. I'm going to search her hands for good veins so I can draw some blood and check to see if she still has a fever. Then I'll leave you guys alone before checking on you later. And she's scheduled for an MRI later on today."

•••

"So, what happened in that room, Lewis?" Nick asked

"Nothing. I simply walked in and saw the mess. It's a shame someone did that to her."

"You don't know what happened huh? But you were covered in blood. Olivia's blood and Katelyn's blood- the manager of the house. What about the drugs Lewis?"

"Nothing she didn't want. Sunshine practically begged for them. She gave up anything she had just to get more. Truly a slut."

Nick slammed his fists on the desk and grabbed Lewis' shirt.

"Don't call her that! You're going to tell me what happened! In that room. In Black Forest. And in the first house you kept her."

"Oh, you want me to tell you that we let gang members rape her. Or that she was chased and beat every single night to the point they did her while she lay unconscious. How about how we slit her wrist for trying to kill herself. How she begged us to let her go. Or how about when she finally broke and did anything we asked. She went down on me because she wanted to Detective. She took on eleven guys at once so SHE could get more drugs. She wanted it!" He screamed with a smile on his face. "But of course it's hypothetical."