Overnight

Braun finally arrived at the station and Nick and Carisi went in to question Amanda.

"You know you're going to jail this time. There's no way out." Nick stared at her as he sat down.

"Nick, you don't mean that." Amanda tried.

"He's right." Carisi chimed in. "Not only did an officer catch you in Olivia's house, but she was able to hear you assaulting her."

"She let me in." Amanda said matter-of-factly.

"Actually, she said she didn't know you were with Tabitha. Kat stayed behind to watch the tapes before getting them for evidence. It shows you sneaking in and using Tabitha to let Olivia unlock the elevator. Then you got in." Carisi said back.

"Not only that, but we have their own security camera and the buildings video footage of you forcing your way inside."

"I just hit the door too hard. She wanted me to come in."

"And what's your excuse for the cop and his slit throat?" Carisi asked sarcastically.

"How does that have anything to do with me? I-" Amanda tried to answer quickly but Braun put his hand up to silence her before she said anything else.

"Listen, unless you're charging my client, we're leaving." Braun said confidently and stood.

"Well you might want to take a seat counsellor. The knife we found on your client matches the one that slit the officer's throat. Your client is being charged with forcible entry, attempted rape, assualt, and murder." Nick smirked back and there was a moment of silence in the room before Braun spoke.

"Give me a word with my client." He side eyed Amanda.

"Oh we will, and when we come back we'll have Barba with us."

•••

The nurse kept insisting Olivia to let her push her in a wheelchair up to the room, and after some time of her and Fin trying to convince her, they got Olivia to agree.

"Okay, and this will be your room. I have to set some monitors up and get Noah connected. Okay, mom?" The nurse checked before getting a nod from Olivia and taking Noah out her arms.

It took Olivia a second to realize that when the nurse said 'mom' she was speaking to her. It was new and different, but good. It was something she had wanted for so long and somehow, the best things seemed to be happening amidst all the worst things she had ever experienced. She was stuck in her thoughts when she realized she was still in the wheelchair with Fin standing beside her, looking at her concerned. Even with the realization, her eyes found Noah and her thoughts followed.

Fin helped her out of the wheelchair and into one of the recliners in the room. He knew that even if he wanted to say anything to her in the moment, she wouldn't hear him. Her focus was completely on Noah and the nurse.

Watching as he quietly fussed as the nurse stuck a small, sticky pad to his chest that was connected to a monitor and sat him in the small bed.

"I do have to put an IV in mom, so if you want to hold him while I do that then you can." The nurse turned to look at Olivia. "I found a good vein in his leg and since he's moving his arms around lot I think I'll use that one."

Olivia grabbed Fin's open hand and used it to help her stand before going to Noah. Taking him in her arms, she held him so his leg could be easily accessible to the nurse. Lightly kissing his forehead, she held him tighter as he started crying from the needle piercing his soft skin.

"It's okay. All done, see, all done baby." Liv promised and kissed his forehead again as the doctor removed the needle and secured the IV in place.