The Beast Communicates

"Olivia, Olivia wake up!" Elliot shouted while shaking her.

She shot up and looked at his concerned face. "What happened?" She asked out of breath.

"You were having a bad dream I think. What happened?"

"You left for work and- and these gang members took me and I think they were helping Lewis or something-" he stopped her there, wrapping his arms around her.

"Lewis is in jail. No one is going to hurt you, ok? Come on, go back to sleep. I love you." He spiked softly as he laid back down and she laid her head on his chest.

Her breathing slowed as she took in his scent, the one she thought she would forget. She inhaled deeply, remembering the calming effect it had on her. His arms wrapped around her made her remember how safe she felt with him, and she shut her eyes.

She woke up hours later, scanning the room.

"It was a dream." She said to herself as she curled herself in a ball.

She laid there as she waited for one of them, or all of them, to come in and punish her for hurting Brian. They'd already been in her room, but that was normal. Not punishment.

Burning her wound could have been punishment, but it was a coincidence he came in right then. They couldn't have known she did what she did. The red light of the camera wasn't on until he came in with the torch.

Maybe they didn't know? Was that possible. Or what if he told them not to and he was coming back..

The wind blew against the window, some slipping in. Other than that and little drops of rain, nothing could make it through those bars. They were big and close together- the window was so thin it was like it wasn't there and she forgot it was at times. She thought about trying to get out that way, but then what. What if one of them were outside and caught me as soon as I'm out. It was a big risk and always, something always had to happen.

She could try taking the bars off the window. Or try running out when one of them came in. Or-

She turned her head to look at the bathroom. She hadn't seen Ernesto in awhile. Maybe he was gone. Then she could hopefully stab the other men with glass- he cleaned it up. Ok, she could take a rod down. The towel bar in the bathroom.

She got up and made her way to the bathroom and began tugging at the bar.

"Come on! Please." She said to herself as she grabbed onto it and used her entire weight to bring it down. Falling on her back in the process and groaning at the pain.

She grabbed the bar and brought it out, scanning the room for a place to hide it where they couldn't see, but so she could also grab it easily. She figured she'd put it under the corner of the mattress. It was the best place she could think of right now.

•••

"Listen, they're stuck on that house because of Amanda, so when you guys get out you have to give it a day or two before you go to that house. Then you guys have to figure out what's going to happen after that." Brian spoke quietly.

"Yeah yeah we know. We ain't dumb. Why should we trust you." Carlos said.

"I'm having fun with her too. Actually planning something special for her because she decided to stab me last time."

"You let her!" Carlos laughed "Sounds like she needs to be taught a lesson or two."

"You want help or not."

"Alright alright. I'll let Lewis know. Yo crew don't know you helping us?"

"No, not at all. I have to go."