An Old Friend

Nick walked out the interrogation room. After two more hours at that house and another two in interrogation with Hyker, they finally agreed to take a deal with Barba to avoid trial. Murder 2 and Rape in the first degree. If he plead guilty like agreed then he wouldn't have the title of "child molestor" following him in prison- even if he spent the rest of his life in jail, which would most likely happen.

Walking into Fin's office, he felt proud to finally have some sort of "good" news with everything else that was going on. Everything was chaotic and messy. It was stressful for the entire team and everyone involved. Having to see how far this entire trafficking ring went and what Olivia had to deal with was the hardest- even for the ones who didn't know her that well, or at all.

"Yo, Hyker is done. Took a deal to avoid trial and will still get twenty-five years at least." Nick reported.

"Thank God. Go down to Melinda and see if she's been able to identify any of the bodies. Someone has to notify the families."

"Got it." Nick turned and walked out of the office, almost bumping into Barba.

"Barba, heard Hyker took a deal to avoid trial." Fin said nodding at him.

"And because he didn't want to be known as a child predator in jail. Lawyer knew he didn't stand a chance to get anything better." He said and sat in front of Fin.

"How young did Melinda say the kid was?"

"She didn't." Barba smirked. "Amaro bluffed and the guy bought it and plead to not label him a child predator. Everything was easy after that."

"Hey, whatever works." Fin smirked back. "What else is happening?"

"With all the cases and having to talk to all sorts of suspects and victims, I figured I could use some help from one of you guys' old friends."

"What old friend?"

"She'll be by later." Barba smiled. "She said she's going to say hi to Liv once she gets here."

•••

Elliot could feel Olivia walking close to him the entire way out of the hospital. Assuming she was scared of someone stopping them or her, he didn't mention it and thought nothing of it.

Then, he could feel the same close proximity when making their way into their place. Not making eye contact with the doorman, standing slightly behind him in the elevator even though they were alone, and even after they made it inside their condo.

He sat the bag down in one of the kitchen chairs and turned to see her staring at him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She said and scanned the room with her eyes, biting her lip.

"Here. I'll grab you a water and we can sit and watch a movie."

"Okay."

Olivia hugged herself with her arms and sat on the couch with her legs pulled to her chest. When Elliot sat by her he made sure to leave space so she wouldn't feel overwhelmed.

"Do I have to drink that?" she stared at the water in his hands.

"It'll help."

She stared at it, then at him, before taking it and opening it. After he saw her take a few sips, he turned on a movie that he knew had no violence or triggering scenes for her.

Throughout the movie he would subtly move his eyes to look at her. She looked invested in the movie, but he knew better. Her mind was driving her crazy with the endless thoughts it had. Yet she also had somehow drank the entire bottle of water and was now playing with the bottle.