Devoted

Olivia opened her eyes to the bright fluorescent lights beaming down on her.  The sounds of monitors beeping filled the otherwise silent room. Her eyes were still heavy and difficult to keep open.

Looking to her side she saw Elliot beside her. He sat in a chair close to her and had his head leaning onto the bed by her thigh. He was sleep.

She looked around the room and saw Fin in a chair in front of the bed. He was just waking up.

"Hey, babygirl." He smiled. "How you feelin'?"

"My throat." She used her hand to touch it, indicating it hurt.

"I'll go get a nurse." He spoke as he got out the chair. Touching Elliot's shoulder, he woke him up before he left the room.

"Huh- Liv, you're up! Hey, baby." He was extremely hesitant with touching her. He wasn't sure of her mental state and didn't want to put her in more distress by touching her. He didn't even know what happened to make her do this.

Seeing his face, the look of relief and worry all over it, was a lot. The tears just started falling and she reached out for him to hold her. He stood and wrapped his arms around her. Holding her tight while she cried into his shirt.

"He made me do it! He said I deserved it for killing our son!" She cried. "He- he said I didn't deserve to live!"

"He called you? That son of a bitch." He mumbled starting to walk away.

"Don't leave me!" She shouted quickly and held him tighter. "I'm sorry! I let him-"

"No." He cut her off quickly and sternly before she could go any further. "You did not let him do anything. You are not in the wrong baby, he uses manipulation and control to get to you."

"But I'm-"

"Doing fine." Elliot finished her sentence and pushed her hair behind her ear. "You're still progressing. You're still trying, but you're also trying to build strength mentally. He knows that and he used it to his advantage."

"I shouldn't have done what he said though."

"It's okay. It's called a mistake. Remember I made them all the time when we were partners, and I still make them, but you come back from them."

She nodded and rested her head on him. Taking deep breaths, she closed her eyes and tried to make her breathing match his.

"I love you, and we're gonna get through this. I'll be here for everything." He said while running circles on her back.

Fin came in with a nurse behind him- Kelly. Elliot slowly got up and sat back in his chair so Kelly could check Olivia's vitals.

"Okay, everything is normal and looking good, but you can't be released yet. They've placed you under suicide watch, Olivia, and they're calling in a psychiatrist to see how you're doing mentally. Throat pain is expected because we had to pump your stomach; however, I can get you some water."

"I can't leave? I'm okay though. I just messed up." She pleaded.

"Liv, it won't hurt. They want to make sure you're okay." He turned to look at Kelly. "When would she be able to leave?"

"When she's cleared as not a threat to herself or others." She turned her attention to Olivia. "You should rest for now. Your body needs it."

"Okay." Defeat was evident in Olivia's voice.

"Now if you guys need anything just hit that nurse button and I'll come. I'll turn the lights out on my way out."

"Thank you." Elliot said. He waited for Kelly to leave. Only him, Fin, and Olivia were left in the room. "Fin, I need you to go to my place and get Liv's phone. Take it to TARU and see if you can track where the last call came from."