Please Live, Liv

A/N
Y'all like what I did with the title there 😭 lmao I'm cheesy. Go read now 👇

ELLIOTS POV

I sat there with the crew for I don't know how long. It was well past midnight as we all sat there not acknowledging each other. Consumed in our thoughts. Barba had called and said he'd put out another warrant for Lewis' arrest and adding he was a danger to everyone. He also said he started on paperwork. It's his job, but is it that important?

A nurse came in the room after the several hours we had been sitting there. "Family of Olivia Benson?" She called. We all got up and made our way to her.
"All if you? Ok sh-"
"Is she okay? She's alright, right?" Nick cut her off and she held up her hand. "Olivia is as good as expected with the trauma she endured. She is in ICU though. She isn't breathing on her own.." She trailed off. "Uh I should let her tell you all the rest if she wishes to. She is under a lot of medicine right now so if a few of you want to visit her I suggest going now. Don't take too long because visiting hours are over and she's not awake, but you all have been here for awhile." She said as she turned around and headed back through the doors. "Who's going in?" I asked as everyone tried to bring themselves back to reality.

Munch and Amanda said that they would go to the precinct to see if they could start tracking down Lewis, but told us to tell her to feel better once she wakes. Cragen and Fin sat in for awhile, but she didn't seem to be waking up anytime soon and they left too after seeing she was really breathing. Nick was left.

"You can go. I'll stay. I can call you as soon as she's up." I said trying to ease the tension in the quiet room "she won't be up for some hours. Go rest." He took a shaky breath and held her hand before looking at me; tear stains evident on his cheeks. "Don't forget to call." He said waiting for me to nod and proceeding to walk out.

I sat on the chair closest to her bed for the rest of the night with her hand in mine. I woke up to the sound of my phone checking the time before answering
Shit it's already 1?
"Stabler." I answered. "Elliot, it's Fin. Babygirl awake yet?" I exhaled as I stood and walked away from the bed, letting go of her hand "No, she hasn't woken up yet. Hey, uh, how's Amaro?" I asked worrying about how upset he was yesterday. "He's quiet. He probably just needs to talk to her to make sure she's really okay. Im gonna talk to you later man." "Alright bye" I looked over and saw she was still unconscious. I decided I would go get lunch and come back.

I came back and saw her. Awake. Frantic. She was struggling to get out of the bed and get the tubes out of her. I ran over to her trying to calm her, but as soon as I touched her she stopped struggling, balled up, and started crying "please don't hurt me! I'm sorry." Her already high heart rate sped up even more causing the machine to beep loudly. I pulled my hands away from her realizing how bad she had to have been hurt in order for her to stop fighting instead of defending herself. I quieted my voice to barely a whisper "Liv, it's Elliot. I'm not going to hurt you." but she continued to cry, telling me to leave.

Nurses and doctors came in after hearing the ruckus. All of them moving quickly around her and forcing her to give her arm, which only made her cry a heart breaking scream. "No! Stop, please...noo!" She cries as she turned to look at me. Her eyes begging for me to help get the people off of her. They put more medicine into the tube that was in her arm.

After about fifteen minutes , her cries finally turned silent as she stared off at nothing. I took the time to call Fin.
"Fin." He answered. "Hey, shes up, but she's not in good condition." "Ok. I'll tell Capt., call us when she's ready or if she gets ready." "Will do. I gotta go" I said as I saw her looking at the ventilator that was attached to the face mask they put on her to help her breathe. She started tracing her fingers along the face mask and slowly started taking it off. I saw her choke and rushed in a little too fast seeing that she jumped when the door opened, but she already had the entire thing off.

"Liv, baby, you gotta put it back on." I said as I carefully sat next to her on the bed. She shook her head as she started to cough, clutching at her ribs. I took it out her hands and put it over her face without strapping it all the way on. A nurse walked in. "Would you like for me to get a nasal breathing tube since you're up?" Liv nodded her head quickly. We switched the tubes once the nurse returned with it.

She sat there, quietly crying while the nurse did a check up and took some blood. She waited for the nurse to leave before looking at me. "What's wrong with me?" "I think that's what they're trying to figure out, Liv." I said reaching over and gently taking her hand in mine. I anticipated how she would react if I asked her what happened & decided it would be best to not bother her now. She told me she didn't want anyone to see her in the state she was and I told Fin so he wouldn't think it was my selfish doing preventing them from seeing her.

That night she asked me to not leave and to lay next to her in the chair. Holding her hand, I watched her fight sleep for about an hour before painfully drifting off. Waking up a couple of times after. Every hour a nurse would come in and wake her to make sure she was talking normal because of the concussion she received.

That morning I woke up to her whimpering in her sleep. "Liv?" I said stroking her hand gently "Liv wake up. It's a dream." She opened her eyes, staring at me. Her breathing getting out of control and sweat forming on her forehead. It took thirty minutes of talking softly to her and stroking her hand to get her to steady her breathing. It was then a nurse came in.

"Good morning." She said as she walked in looking at me. "I have to speak with Olivia about her injuries, would you mind stepping out? Maybe get some breakfast?" I nodded and left the room. Once I got to the cafeteria I decided I would call Fin to update him a little.

LIVS POV

I watched Elliot leave the room before the nurse closed the door and sat in a chair near me. "How are you feeling?" I forced a smile not really wanting to answer that question "How bad are the injuries?" I asked nervously. She grabbed a clipboard she had set down earlier and sighed "You have several broken ribs. Bruises. Burns. Cuts. Fractures in your wrist and collar bone. Concussion. Blood transfusions. The X-rays we just got back show that you have some severe damage down there and you will need surgery. We have to do a rape kit though since we weren't able to yesterday." She said putting it in her lap. "Why do I need a rape kit? & what happened yesterday" I asked scared that she knew what had happened. "The damage is far too severe for it to be consensual sex..unless it was then I'm not here to judge. As for yesterday, your lung had collapsed from the injuries you sustained and the blood loss caused you to go into shock and...and resulted in your heart to stop, but we were able to resuscitate an-" "I died?" "Well, yes. You did, but you're alive now and we're gonna help you get better."

Her attention changed when another nurse walked in the room handing her something. Following her were other nurses and doctors. She looked at me with extreme worry. "Are you in pain down there?" I nodded and she got up. Helping the other doctors remove my bed and started to take me somewhere else "Wait what's going on?" Once we got into what seemed to be an operating room she knelt down next to me and kept her voice at a whisper "Olivia, were you raped?" I nodded. "Ok. He forced himself inside of you right?" I nodded again the tears threatening to fall "And he sodomized you? Don't lie." A couple of tears escaped and I looked away from her, uncomfortable with where the conversation was going. She touched my shoulder "Was one of the things he put in you a socket wrench?" She asked. Another doctor came in frantic "We need to get her ready for surgery NOW!" He shouted as another nurse put a oxygen mask over my face and injected something in my arm. She went back to talking, never taking her hand off my shoulder "Olivia, we found the end of a socket wrench inside of you." "I didn't know." I whispered. "Is it okay if I inform your friend when he gets back to the room?" I took a deep breath and nodded once before my eyes became too heavy and everything went dark.

ELLIOTS POV

I walked back to an empty room. The nurse was walking towards me at a fast pace. "Where is she?" I asked with a look of concern. She quickly guided me back into the room "I think you need to sit down, sir."